Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Snow? did anyone mention snow? Why, it's January 26 here (when I started this posting) in western Washington and it looks and feels like early spring. I really like the looks of a snowy landscape but I'm feeling quite sympathetic for the folks in the northeast; let's hope the forecast has been overblown a bit.




Rubbermoon has added a new artist to their line of artsy stamps. Jessica Spoon Designs is the name and here's a photo from Rubbermoon . . .

by Jessica Spoon for Rubbermoon



I put my first Valentine's card together tonight. I really should have been working to clean up and organize in the studio, but I figured I'd be happier doing this. Besides, I had snuck off to purchase this new Memory Box die . . . that's what happens when you're bored.

by Debbie Gaetz


I started with a piece of Conqueror 118 lb. card stock in Diamond White and sprayed it with Fireworks! in Tangelo, Lady Bug and Rhubarb Stalk for the colors and shimmer. Using the same card stock, I die cut the "Visalia Heart" from Memory Box, one of their latest dies. Before die cutting, I adhered the new Stick It adhesive sheet specifically made for die cutting to the back side of the card stock so I wouldn't have to worry about how I'm going to attach such an intricately designed die cut. It worked beautifully! I attached the die cut to the sprayed card stock and "zen"-tangled between the design lines with a Micron pen (.01) in black.  Then I trimmed the top panel to 4" x 1/8", and framed it with a piece of black card stock trimmed to 4-1/8" x 5-1/4" before mounting it to the card base. To even out the card design, I adhered a random piece of washi tape, adhesive-backed metal dot, a wood veneer arrow that I covered with a Pico Embellisher in Wedding White, and stamped the sentiment (by Savvy).



Okay, Hannah is whining that she wants to go to bed. Honest! So we'll see you back here soon. Dianne is at the store all day tomorrow (Tuesday).













No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers