Saturday, January 24, 2015

It's Saturday? Where did Thursday and Friday go? When your days are filled with naps and rests, time seems to float off into space. You cannot believe how anxious I am for the resumption of my everyday normal activities.


Marj has been leading two classes at Art 'n Soul this weekend using Pan Pastels, those luscious pastels that make any other pastel medium seem inadequate. She's shares lots of creativity and lets you in on several technique tips; if you're signed up, you're very lucky. I know the class today had a wonderful session. I'm hoping my day is a good one tomorrow and I can join in the class.


While I was thinking about my Pan Pastels and the neat colors I wanted to 'art around' with, I also thought about the spray fixative that most of us use to 'seal' the pastel so it doesn't rub off, and to also stamp images or do other things once the Pan Pastel is down. Quite by accident I came across how to use your Gelli Plate as a sealer with acrylic medium. Hmmmm.


Carolyn Dube's posting
You may access two separate postings to see how they do it; Carolyn Dube's posting includes a great video tutorial.




Check out these posts from the IMAGINE Crafts' blog. The iridescent and metallic Creative Mediums are very easy to apply, so it's going to be fun playing with them.

by Isha Gupta
Artist-in-Residence for IMAGINE Crafts

by Clare Horner
Artist-in-Residence for IMAGINE Crafts
Click on this link to the IMAGINE Crafts' blog and be sure to then click on the link with each card's description for the step-by-steps:




RubberMoon never ceases to amaze me with their creativity and whimsy. Their stamp designs lend themselves to both of these artistic endeavors and here's some wonderful examples of combining various RubberMoon stamps into a project.

by Sharon Benedetti for RubberMoon Stamps

Click on this link for Sharon's complete post:



Here's another beautiful card from Carole Dion for Magenta. I just love the colors that play to the sharpness of the white and black contrasted with the stunning background design that really makes the stamp image pop.

by Carole Dion, Design Team Magenta
Click on this link for Carole's information:



I had a quick 'thank you' card to make; the person who decorated our Christmas tree made it so magical and I wanted to send our payment for services with a card.

by Debbie Gaetz
I used one of my many favorite Magenta stamps, Floral Flap 5 (29.106.P) with Versafine in Tuxedo Black; and colored it with alcohol markers from Spectrum Noir, including the open background space, on a heavyweight white vellum paper. I fussy-cut the decorated edge of the image, and straight-cut the sides and other edge with a paper trimmer. It fit perfectly onto an A2-sized card base made from Paper Accents' Glitz card stock in Silver/Margarita. I was surprised how well the glitter card stock held up to the scoring and folding. I trimmed a scrap piece from an SEI card stock to 1/8" less on the width and length measurement of the A2 card size, and cut it diagonally. The sentiment stamp, inked with Memento in Tuxedo Black, is from the "What I Like About You" stamp set from JustRite.



I was told we ran through the Conqueror Diamond White 118 lb. card stock today, so more is coming to the store tomorrow.


Thanks for your patience between blog posts. My intention is to post each day but, lately, my crazee head doesn't always cooperate and it takes me twice as long to do whatever it is I am doing. See you soon!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers