Monday, September 1, 2014

My Sunday, August 31, 2014 11:06 PM post that wouldn't post!

Tomorrow (today) our country celebrates the Labor Day holiday. And we're going to continue celebrating art at Art 'n Soul like we do every day. Sue will be there all day on Monday (today), so please stop in and say hi and see some of that RubberMoon magic.

Artwork from Kristen Powers at RubberMoon
There is a separate packet of the small
doors, windows, and other embellishments for
the house; a packet is already in the House On
The Block Kit.

Artwork from Kristen Powers at RubberMoon


If someone doesn't buy the "From Home" stamp
real soon, I will be forced to purchase it. I wanted
to buy it but it was the only one left and I didn't
want to deprive any of our ANS customers. But . . .

Artwork from Kristen Powers at RubberMoon

Check out this card from the RubberMoon Arts' blog . . .

by Barb Black for RubberMoon
Click on this link for the actual posting and how-to:




Marj is always thinking creatively . . . and she is so good about showing how to use what is available at Art 'n Soul. She browsed through the 35% Authentique paper discount box and low and behold, look at the beautiful card Marj created. Thank you, Marj!, for always being 'on the lookout'!

Card by Marj Marion

Don't forget to look inside that box! And you might think 'outside the box' when you look through the the other discount paper box because all of their papers are on special at a 25% discount . . . papers from SEI, Graphic 45, Webster's Pages, Basic Grey.



The Bird Cage class board has been re-vamped and is on display at the store. I added 2 cards and changed out one of the two originals because I goofed on it. Things happen, right?


Sunday, September 14, 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm “THE BIRDCAGE” Debbie Gaetz $35
Lucky for us that Melissa Frances expanded into actual home décor items to accompany her beautiful papers and embellishments. Take the small Birdcage Memo Holder from Melissa Frances and color it up with Inka Gold from Viva Décor; you may then add ribbons, mini clothes pins, etc., to add color and personality. You’ll want to take it home or to your office to display your important notes, invitations, or even your handmade cards. To start you off on accessorizing your bird cage, you’ll make four cards. Please bring your basic class kit, die cutting machine with embossing pad (if you have one), and small paper trimmer. Class size is limited to availability of the bird cage.



A while back, Sam Lee presented Susie with a wood-carved bird she made from a piece of wood. It was a real piece of art that Susie will treasure. Sam, it's a great thing that you've returned to your wood-carving art. I know that I will always treasure the Santa wood-carving you made for my Christmas tree.

Susie Tracy (l) and Sam Lee (r)



by Sam Lee



Dianne insisted that I'd want the new Ranger Black Sparkle Embossing Powder. I must say the sparkle really comes through and I'm sure I will be using it quite a bit with Halloween and Christmas coming up. I know you would enjoy adding this new embossing powder to your stash, too!



I used a Crafty Individuals Stamp from Magenta that I've had for quite some time. I thought the design of the bird and the frame would work well with the embossing powder and I was very happy with the way it worked.

by Debbie Gaetz

by Debbie Gaetz
This has been enlarged so you can see the wonderful
detail of the Black Sparkle Embossing Powder.

Please give it a try . . . now I know you're gonna love it.






That's all for tonight (last night!). I hope you enjoy the remainder of the holiday weekend and that you'll include 'art and creativity' in your day by stopping in at Art 'n Soul! Sue will enjoy that!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers