From the Elizabeth Craft Designs comes this beautiful card from Helen Cryer. I love water lilies but I never think to use their designs on a card. Thank goodness Elizabeth Craft Designs has thought of that for me.
|by Helen Cryer for Elizabeth Craft Designs|
I made a card experimenting with Fred Mullett's recent technique instruction using his piranha fish stamp and watercolors. I mixed it up a bit because a) I couldn't find my FBM fish stamps; and b) I wanted to use StazOn solvent inks.
|by Debbie Gaetz|
- Using the watercolor technique that Dianne has been so keen on recently, spray a large Martha Stewart acrylic grid block with rubbing alcohol. Directly apply StazOn Midi colors to the block (Claret, Emerald City, Blue Hawaii). Spray with rubbing alcohol again. Lay a piece of heavy vellum over the block (be careful not to move or smear), press down on the backside of the paper, and then pick up off the block. Spray the block again with rubbing alcohol, and in a few spots directly apply StazOn Midi colors to the block (Orange Zest, Cherry Pink). Lightly spray again with the rubbing alcohol and lay the same heavy vellum paper over the block again. Pick up off the block and let it dry. There should not be any but if there are any puddles of color, absorb the excess moisture with a dry paper towel.
- Lay the Sea Fan stamp down in the position you want it on your card panel. Take Fred Mullett's "Big Ugly" stamp positioner and put it up against the stamp so the top and side of the stamp are snuggled against the positioner. I then take green frog tape (masking tape) and tape the positioner into place; I do that because I forget what I'm doing and pick up the positioner by mistake! Ink the stamp with VersaFine in Onyx Black; place the stamp in its spot up next to the stamp positioner and press down. Pick up the stamp and clean it. Re-ink with Delicata metallic pigment ink in Golden Glitz and stamp over the same spot.
- Cut a piece of wood veneer paper 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" and attach it to the A2 card base front (Stardream Metallic in Zeus Gold). Cut the stamped vellum paper to 3-7/8" wide x 5-1/8" high. Ink and stamp the sentiment with VersaFine in Onyx Black. Tie a piece of ribbon around the panel between the sentiment and the sea fan design; secure in the back. Adhere this top panel to the veneer wood paper. Use corner peel-off stickers on each corner of the top panel.
- Fred B. Mullett's Sea Fan 2 Stamp FBM-458
- Impression Obsession Sentiment Stamp - Thoughts for the Day Set 60-30062
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: StazOn Midi solvent inks in Claret, Emerald Cty, Blue Hawaii, Orange Zest, Cherry Pink; VersaFine Pigment Ink in Onyx Black; Delicata Metallic pigment ink in Golde Glitz
- Stardream Metallic card stock in Zeus Gold from The Paper Cut
- Wood Veneer paper from Splash of Color
- Heavy-weight Vellum Paper
- Text-weight linen paper for inside liner
- Scrap of ribbon, peel-off corner stickers
|by Dina Kowal for Inchie Arts|
Traditions begin again with the start of a new school year, the lingering days of summer and the expectations of fall in another month, and shorter days. Let your artistic traditions continue at Art 'n Soul.
I hope you enjoy these amazing pumpkin carvings . . .