Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Hero Arts order finally arrived at Art 'n Soul yesterday. Please come on over to view the extra stamps (wood and cling foam mount) because I'm sure you'll find something you just have to add to the stash at home! Dianne took these photos to make sure you see what's in.

The first stamp, Leafy Vines, stamps up so beautifully no matter what the medium is.













From Memory Box . . .


"Fancy Blossoms framed...


by Pam Sparks for Memory Box
A pretty pink card for you today!  I wanted to use the NEW 'With Deepest Sympanthy' stamp and thought it'd be nice layered up with the Fancy Blossoms, Tender Leaves, Essex Label die, Amira Flourish and Grand Heart. I shaped the flower petals a little with a stylus and mat.  Pearl in the center... a simple and elegant look. Memory Box papers, Bubblegum Dot, Parchment and Cherry Blossom. A top folding, A-2 size card.
Thanks for stopping by! Happy stamping and die cutting!"


From Imagine Crafts®/Tsukineko® posting on Facebook, here is AIR Eric Erickson's fantastic idea to make your own personalized stamp image of Eric's 'man's best friend':

"Supplies:
Tsukineko / Imagine Crafts:
Chalk Ink
Tack ‘N Peel
Memento Dual maker
Other brands:
Patterned paper: K&Company, S•E•I and Graphic 45
Basic Grey alphabet stickers

One of my Artist in Residence April assignments is to use Tsukineko’s fabulous Tack ‘N Peel. The packaging says you can ‘create a custom stamp with any object.’ So, it seems the perfect opportunity to do more than just create a stamp with any object – but also to create a stamp with personal significance.

We got a new puppy this past December. Since then, I’ve seen all sorts of doggie stamps – and even several Retriever stamps. While the dogs on the stamps resemble our pooch, they were never totally and completely a perfect picture of our pup. So, I decided to make a stamp…of OUR dog.

I used the stamp to make this card, which I plan on recreating anytime someone sends a present to our puppy. You could do this with the profile of a person just as easily.

by Eric Erickson for Imagine Crafts®/Tsukineko®

Here’s how I made the stamp.


I found a good profile picture of our puppy. However, it’s practically impossible to  get a perfect picture of a five-month old dog. Case in point, in the photo where Artemis was holding her head and paws perfectly, her tail was down, which does not look happy.

So, I copied a picture of her tail from a different photo and pasted it over the original picture – right there on the business end. I used Photoshop to increase the contrast until I had a fully blacked-out profile silhouette.


I printed the silhouette and good old-fashioned printer paper.


Next, I cut out the silhouette and then traced it on a piece of crafting foam.


I wasn’t done cutting – next, I cut out the traced profile puppy picture.

It was time to get out the Tack ‘N Peel. I placed the sticky sheet on a clear acrylic block.


I placed the foam flat-coat on the stamping block and – VOILA – a stamp of MY dog!!

I used Tsukineko chalk ink to print the pup on patterned paper.


When finishing off the card, I need navy blue letters, but I didn’t have any blue letters of the design I wanted to use. So, I pulled out a Tsukineko Memento dual marker and remedied that situation.


Here’s the final product:"

by Eric Erickson for Imagine Crafts®/Tsukineko®





I'm looking forward to tomorrow's Inchie Arts class with Lisa Lee at Art 'n Soul. In case you forgot to check, you might want to call the store to see if a spot is still left in either the morning (10:00 to 12:00 noon) or early afternoon (1:00 to 3:00) class . . . 360.357.6820.


I'll leave you with this thought . . .


We like that idea at Art 'n Soul . . . that's why we love our customers and family of friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers