Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Memory Box order arrived today; that order included the back-ordered Peony Outline die. Here are some of the dies we're putting out for you to see at the store . . .







Speaking of Memory Box, I made a Valentine's card using their Grand Madison Window die and the Precious Hearts die. The card base is decorated paper from My Mind's Eye. The red paper is a linen card stock, and the window frame is cut from white velvet paper. The red hanging hearts and the pink background paper are velvet paper as well.


by Debbie Gaetz

I taped the hanging heart die cuts to the backside of the upper window frame and hung them with baker's twine; I did not adhere the hearts to anything. The stamp is from Savvy Stamps.


Then there's the birthday card that I just finished. My best friend in high school celebrates her birthday one day before mine and I need to put it in the mail tomorrow. Using 80 lb. cover stock (Neenah Crest Solar White), I dry embossed with a folder I purchased at Art 'n Soul that doesn't have a 'name' on the folder; unfortunately, I also don't remember what company manufactured the folder. I used a dauber to apply Angel Pink Memento ink and New Sprout Memento Ink (both from Tsukineko) on the card top.



I mounted the embossed card stock onto pink velvet paper, and used a piece of scrap to make the diagonal strip across the front; from another piece of scrap, I used the Heritage Corner Punch to make the 4 corner pieces. The flowers on the card are from Prima Marketing that were attached with Beacon clear adhesive.


by Debbie Gaetz


Calendar Note:  this Friday, the Art 'n Soul Journal Club meets from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. at the store. Lots of art, lots of journaling and lots of friendship! . . . and it's all free! Anyone is welcome to be a part of the monthly Journal Club; all you have to do is show up!


I'll have some more posts tomorrow; I just looked at the clock and saw the time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers