Monday, February 4, 2013

On Saturday, the Kaiser Craft order arrived and was delivered to the store. At Art 'n Soul, we have added the neatest wooden embellishments that we will continue to order. I'm delighted that they were accepted so quickly!




These are the new paper pads from Kaiser Craft that are also at the store . . .

Flora Delight 6.5x6.5 Paper Pad

75 Cents Paper Pad in both 6.5x6.5 AND 8x8

There are more beautiful paper collections coming to Art 'n Soul from Kaiser Craft this year.


From the same vendor that I purchased handmade papers from Nepal, I also ordered these little journal books that are handmade with a special 'story.' They'll be at the store some time tomorrow (Monday).


All of the papers inside are handmade, as well as the paper
on the front and back cover.

The new Dylusions' journal books from Ranger will be at the store on the 13th or 14th. We were able to take advantage of a special lock on the old price, saving you $5 per journal, for this shipment. If you want one of these super journal books, let us know asap; one of our customers has already pre-ordered 2 of these journals because they're not readily available in the area.


From Cheery Lynn Designs' blog . . .

Orchid Tutorial
"Hello! Don't you just love the Winter Release dies at Cheery Lynn Designs?! I think the new Orchid is so beautiful! I created a simpler card because I really wanted the flower to stand out on it’s own.


I want to share with you how I assemble my Orchid. Remember, you can enlarge any photo just by clicking on it!
On the left I have arranged the dies in which I assemble them, on the right you see the my die cut petals in accordance with the dies. I’ve numbered the petals to make it a bit easier to follow along.


Once I have my petals inked it is time to shape them. I use a small foam block (from Stampin’ Up) and an embossing tool. I made a little clip of my process.


A close up of the shape of the center.


I’ve glued petals 2 & 3 to petal 1, overlapping 1 slightly.


Here you can see the curvature of the flower taking shape.


I’ve adhered petals 4 & 5 to the backside, angling slightly.


Holding the center in the curved position, I add a dab of glue to the end….I use Rangers Glossy Accents because it dries so quickly and has a strong hold.


I place the center so that it sticks straight out from the flower, just like the real flower.


Another angle so you can see the depth of the flower.


The flower completely assembled.


Please let me know if you have any questions, or if I can help in any way! I can’t wait to see your version!

To create the card, I started by cutting the base using the Scalloped Rectangle Reflections Mega die. The white matte was cut using the Mini Pearl Rectangle Reflections Mega die. I love that the Reflections dies have the added piercing and stitching, adding visual interest and texture. Next, I added the new Ankara Lace Doily, layering with a frame from Sentiment Frame #1. I chose to cut the matte, doily, and sentiment frame from the same color allowing the new Orchid to pop off as the focus. For a bit more texture, I tied a smaller Tag #1 to the flower. To the bottom I added the Best Friends Phrase, again cutting in white so not to take away from the flower. Gently resting on the sentiment is a Mini Dimensional Butterfly."




Our dear friend Kazuko Ocho is one of the Artists-in-Residence (AIR) for Imagine Crafts featuring Tsukineko. This is her blog posting on 'Love My Artsy Mess'.
"Hi stampers!

As some of you already know, I've been a member of AIR (Artist In Residence) for IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko since last year.

This year, each member asked to upload our monthly projects to own blog, and this is my first one.

Artist Challenge - New Kaleidacolor ink pads

There's 4 new color combinations, and "Denim" and "Tahiti" are my assignment.

Square page layout


I used Kaleidacolor "DENIM" for this project.

SUPPLIES
  • Glossy cardstock in 8.5x8.5 inchess, 7.5x7.5 inches, 6.5x6.5 inches
  • Printed Paper (7 Gypsies)  
  • Stamps - Heartfelt Creations - Posy Patch Clusters PreCut Set & Rye Grass Flourish PreCut Set
  • Dies - Heartfelt Creations - Posy Patch Die, Spellbinders - Fleur de Lis Squares
  • Ink - IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko - Kaleidacolor DENIM, Fireworks Paris Dusk.
  • Jumbo Daubers,
  • Washi Tape (Kodomo)
HOW TO

1. Stamp Posy Patch to the edge of 8.5 inch square paper with DENIM.

by Kazuko Ocho
Artist in Residence for Imagine Crafts featuring Tsukineko
2. Stamp Posy Patch again onto scrap paper, then die cut the flowers.



3. Color the flowers using 2 as stencil, sponging with Jumbo Dauber



4. Fill in all the flowers, set aside.



5. Repeat 1-4 on 6.5 inch square paper.


6. Stamp Swirls to fill in blank area.


7. Die cut a lot of flowers from scrap paper, spray Fireworks, then form each flower.


8. Die Cut the frame from white cardstock, layer the picture. 

9. Layer 3 panels (8.5, 7.5-blank, 6.5) and layout the picture. 
Add washi tape as accent.  
Apply cutout flowers for decoration.

Enjoy!"

If you'd like to visit Kazuko's blog, go to this link:  Love My Artsy Mess.



Super Bowl is now a memory of the day. Forever in my memory are two commercials that really stood out and tugged at the heartstrings . . . the Budweiser Clydesdale commercial and Dodge Ram's The Farmer commercial. Both were Americana at our best . . . second only to the national anthem sung by the Sandy Hook Elementary School Choir and Jennifer Hudson.


1 comment:

Followers