Thursday, February 21, 2013

My AIR Challenge Project today features the new Tahiti Kaleidascope from Tsukineko.





Taking a box I bought at the local craft store, I
masked the window with Green Frog masking tape.

Using StazOn Opaque White ink, I randomly stamped the circle
stamps from Magenta on the box so I would have a subtle resist
to the colored ink applications. In the finished photos, you
may not see the dots but I can see them!


I brayered up with Tsukineko's new Tahiti Kaleidascope
and rolled it over the outside box surfaces, followed with a
spraying of Goosebumps to add a layer of texture.


I also ran the brayer over the designer paper from
Graphic 45's Le Cirque Collection so I could use
it inside the box.


Honey colored velvet paper from SE was used to line the
inside bottom of the box, and the Graphic 45 paper was used
to line the 4 sides.


The front outside strip of the box was colored with
Memento Bahama Blue; Goosebumps (a craft staple of mine) were
sprayed over that surface to act as a texturing finish.

When the Goosebumps had dried on the outside surfaces, I blotted
on the matching Memento Dew Drop inks (Pear Tart, Bahama Blue,
Peanut Buitter), followed with another spraying of Goosebumps; I also
blotted the Goosebumps with an Ink Blusher.


Using the Memento Summer Sky and Potter's Clay, I swiped the
Dew Drop pads across plain ivory colored Prima flowers and layered
the flowers together. I used a pop dot to hold each flower layer
together at the center, and to adhere to the box.


A large pearl was placed in the center of each flower. Washi
tape left over from another project was placed on each side
of the box lined up with the bottom edge. What I like about
washi tape is that when you brayer down the cut edge, it
'melts' into the layer underneath for an invisible overlap.





Thanks so much for joining me today. This AIR Challenge Project was a lot of fun and very easy to make with the help of Imagine Crafts and Tsukineko products. I hope you'll try something similar using one of the new Kaleidascope colors, Memento Dew Drops and Goosebumps. It's fun to Goosebump in color!

SUPPLIES USED:
  • MAGENTA Circle Stamps:  42137H; 18026D; 18025A; 18024A
  • TSUKINEKO Kaleidascope in Tahiti
  • TSUKINEKO Drew Drop Inks in Pear Tart, Summer Sky, Potter's Clay, Peanut Butter, Bahama Blue
  • TSUKINEKO Goosebumps
  • IMAGINE CRAFTS Ink Blushers
  • Prima Flowers in ivory
  • Basic Grey Half Pearls
  • Pop Dots (small)
  • Washi Tape
  • Rubber Brayer
  • Green Frog Masking Tape





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers