Thursday, May 3, 2012

We're literally stumbling over all of the Recycled Rubber that has accumulated for this Saturday . . . be sure this monthly event at Art 'n Soul is on your calendar. It starts promptly at 10:00 a.m. For the best selection, you'll want to be there when Recycled Rubber starts!


Marj has been quite busy. Not only did she do a whirlwind of 2 classes on Saturday and Tuesday, but she managed to find some spare (?) time to make these two sample cards featuring Inchie Arts and her beautiful photography. Come on in to take an up-close look!


by Marj Marion

by Marj Marion
 Inside of Card

SUPPLIES for the Tulip Card:
Black Twinchie (2-inch square)
1" EK Success Punch
1-3/4" EK Success Punch (black squeeze & lock style)
EK Success Photo Corner Punch 7065
Memory Box Gentle Leaf Die
Word Stamp:  "Tulips" MSE B119




From Cheery Lynn Designs . . .

Elegant Sweet William by Sandy Hulsart

by Sandy Hulsart for Cheery Lynn Designs
"For my Cheery Lynn Designs post today, I wanted to make an elegant but very simple card.  I think I succeeded.  I began with a card base 5 7/8" square (purple card stock)  Next I cut a 5 5/8" white panel that I embossed with my Hearts and Rose Leaves XL embossing plate.  Then I cut 5 white and one purple Border Carnivale strips 6" long.  I made sure to center the paper on the border die so I would be able to line up the strips and then just trim the excess off the sides.  I used Red Liner tape to adhere them to my embossed panel.  Next came the flower, I die cut 2 large and 2 small Sweet Williams from two shades of purple card stock.  I also die cut Darling Daisies out of the lighter purple card stock.  I folded each of the petals inward and upward on the Sweet Williams then put my flower together, alternating colors.  I die cut a green Stacker Flower 4 for the bottom of the flower and then added a brad to hold them together.  I did find it helpful to add a small bit of glue in the center between layers. 

The beautiful flourish below the flower is a Mini Flourish One.  I added two corner adornments from the Lace Corner Deco B set. Finished size is 6" square."


If you're active on Facebook, you might have seen Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko's posting yesterday. They featured Susie Tracy's beautifully finished box project from John Petersen's class. If you don't regularly see their postings, search "Imagine Crafts" and/or Tsukineko and you'll be forwarded to their Facebook page.


Tsukineko USA

For those that enjoy thinking and inking outside the box ... take a look at Susie Tracey's Walnut Hollow box made in a class taught by our own John Petersen. VersaCraft, StazOn, GlazOn and great embellishments ... love it Susie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers