Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tomorrow is February 1 and the first day of the Memory Box Make 'n Take special.






Deb and Dianne will be doing "Make & Takes" using Memory Box dies and card stock from February 1 thru February 14 (except Saturday, Feb. 4). The cost is $1 for each 'Make & Take'; OR a non-perishable food item for the Food Bank barrel for each"Make & Take". Come in anytime during those days except for Saturday, February 4, which is our Recycled Rubber Saturday.







I'm back from CHA . . . my feet are up on the ottoman while I go through pics and start this posting. So many CHA veterans commented on how many vendors are not at the show and how much smaller it is. It was still overwhelming to me. I'm hoping that this year, I'll be able to attend the Summer CHA outside of Chicago in July. There are so many products and techniques that you aren't aware of or need more info about that you can find at CHA. It's an international show . . . I met buyers from South America, Europe, and Asia. And it's impressive to see companies like Fab Scraps from South Africa and Kaisercraft from Australia.


Papers, papers, everywhere!


I found a company who sells high-end washi papers and I placed an order with them. I hope you'll like what I selected. The papers should be here within 2 weeks. We'll be selling them in a different size format from what we've traditionally sold them in.


I've taken pics of a majority of the papers they displayed at CHA so you could see the variety of papers.
















And here are the few choices I selected to start with . . .

















There is a company from South Africa who designs papers that I really liked . . . their name is Fab Scraps. I told them I thought they sold fabric pieces for card making; someone in their home country thought they sold scrap metal.


I ordered the full paper line in their Organic collection, which was my favorite. I also ordered a limited selection from their Classic collection.



Fab Scraps Organic Collection




Part of the Fab Scraps Classic Collection . . . some selections from this group were purchased.







And they have the coolest wooden buttons that I had to buy for the store, too!








Art 'n Soul's Recycled Rubber is this Saturday, February 4, beginning at 10:00 a.m. As always, lots of new goodies. Make sure you've reserved the day so you can take advantage of great deals at Art 'n Soul this Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers