Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The 12 Days of Christmas at Art 'n Soul continues . . .

On the third day of Christmas, my Art ‘n Soul gave to me, 5 free pieces of paper from a selected group of beautiful papers with a $15 minimum purchase. Wednesday, dec 14. ONLY!



SEI's Velvet Paper has arrived to replenish our stock in that yummy soft paper, and we've also restocked the Conqueror Diamond White heavy (118#) cardstock. And did I tell you that with the Memory Box order, we received the 12x12 Poinsettia and Reindeer papers that is included in the 35% Year-End 12x12 paper discount sale!



From Memory Box blog . . .

Vintage Poinsettia

"Lately as I have looked around the web, I have seen a lot of creations using just one tone to give a vintage/sepia look. I really think it is beautiful. So, for today I decided to use the Memory Box Poinsettia Wreath (G1787) and try this fun look.

First, I stamped the Poinsettia Wreath onto watercolor paper with Archival ink and embossed it in clear embossing powder. Next I used my Derwent Watercolor pencil #55 (vandyke brown) to shade the entire image. I used just a tiny bit of pencil on the inside edges of each flower, and then I used a tiny paint brush with a bit of water to pull the color into the flower. You can see on the bottom flower here how much pencil I actually used before adding the water.

VintagePoinsettia1a
After coloring the image, I die cut the image out and shaded it with Distress Ink. Here is how the finished card turned out:

VintagePoinsettiaA

VintagePoinsettiaCUa

Paper: Memory Box kraft nc, Strathmore watercolor paper
Stamps: Memory Box Poinsettia Wreath (G1787)
Stamp Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink frayed burlap, Archival Ink coffee, Ranger clear ep
Embellishments: flower from Wild Orchid Crafts, Tim Holtz Distress Stickles frayed burlap, Spellbinders scallop circle die, Basic Grey flower embossing folder, sheet music from old hymnal, Hug Snug seam binding, Derwent Watercolor pencil #55, sewing machine

 
I hope you have enjoyed today's card and give this sepia look a try with some of the Memory Box holiday stamps! Thanks for stopping by! Much more for December to come so be on the lookout!"

Blessings,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers