Welcome to a crafting extravaganza all week featuring myself and other Artists In Residence from IMAGINE Crafts, along with the Design Team Members of Authentique Paper and May Arts Ribbon.
|by Debbie Gaetz|
Artist-in-Residence for IMAGINE Crafts
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko
- Memento Luxe mixed media pigment ink in Rhubarb Stalk; Teal Zeal; Espresso Truffle; Tuxedo Black; Olive Grove
- StazOn Midi solvent ink in Emerald City
- IMAGINE Crafts
- irRESISTible Pico Embellisher in Rose Bud; Clear; Shimmer; Bamboo Leaves
- irRESISTible Colored Texture Spray in Gold
- Monterey Pine Leaf
- New 3x4 Authentic Life Cards
- New Card Making Stacks
- May Arts
- Ribbon (around book and tied to stamped images)
- Art Institute
- Barbara Trombley's Vintage Fine Glass Glitter #618 Peapod
- scrap black card stock (65 lb.)
- Red Line Tape (1/8" and 1/4" width)
- Teflon Bone Folder
- Hole Punch
- washi tape
- Use Red Line Tape when adhering to any surface that has the textured spray; you want a strong adhesive because a weaker one might not stay for any amount of time, especially with lots of handling. Burnish the tape down before taking away the release strip to ensure a good attachment.
- When applying the washi tape, burnish that down well to ensure a good attachment.
- Allow over-night drying time for anything you use the Pico Embellisher or GooseBumps/irRESISTible textured sprays on so you won't have any accidental "somethings" sticking to your project work. I say this from experience!
- All of the Authentic Life Cards you select to use will need to have the top trimmed down so the vertical height of the card is 4". The manufacturer was very kind to provide a tabbed length on the Life Card in case you wanted to join them together at the top.
(tip: If your bottle becomes plugged, take the spray top and rinse it well under warm water and make sure you clean the spray opening by running your fingernail over it so there is no residue.)
Except for the last page, fold each card with the thin flap left on the outside. Apply 1/2" red line tape to the flip area as close to the outside edge as possible. Apply 1/2" red line tape as close to the bottom edge as possible. Fold over and secure by burnishing with your bone folder. The thin flap that has not been texturized and colored will provide a little contrast if seen.
On the last page, position the card so the flap side is on your left. Using the Authentic Life Card with the bird image and "a little birdie told me" on the bottom, attach it sideways, securely to the inside back page, with the sentiment pulled out to be used like a tab.
Determine the length of ribbon you will need to wrap around the booklet and tie a bow; cut it to that length. Place the ribbon across the the front side of the first page, tying end to the right and wrap end to the left. Place something next to the card that you can use a line mark so your ribbon is in the same place on the back card; I used the packaging card to the left and the bottom of the word "Imagine" on the craft sheet. I anchored both ends with heavy objects to I could position it correctly and lay down the adhesive on the back side of the ribbon.
Sparrow Stained Glass 0564.O
Chickadee on Birch 42.216.P
Garden Cats 0630.N
Cardinal on Branch 0686.N
Mallow Flowers 14.635.P