Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Art 'n Soul's Inspiration Station this month features the Stamp Set "Bird Crazy" from Stamper's Anonymous' Tim Holtz Collection.


"Bird Crazy" Tim Holtz Collection


We have these sets available . . . hurry in to make sure there is still a set for you!

We have a splendid Bird Crazy card by Susie, who found time to make a few "Inspiration Station" cards in between meetings and appointments during the special legislative session. It was good therapy for Susie and marvelous "eye candy" for us!


by Susie Tracy
  • Inchie Arts' Art Squares
  • Spray with water and drop colors of any liquid color. (Susie used Dr. Ph. Martin's Concentrated Radiant Colors.) Dab off excess.
  • Temporarily tape 4 squares together.
  • Stamp images with VersaFine ink
  • Color eyes with US ArtQuest watercolor palette.
  • Sprinkle dots of the palette watercolor onto card.
  • Separate squares (see sample).
Don't you love how Susie stamped parts of the bird image onto paper for a background on the base panel? This card may be seen at Art 'n Soul . . . it is so full of character in person.

We'll feature Carolyn's "Inspiration Station" card tomorrow!


I did not have the "how-to" for Marj's spectacular Crazy Bird "Inspiration Station" project when I posted it last night. She was very kind to email the information to me, so I'm reposting the photos with Marj's information because I know many, many of you have been inspired by it all!


by Marj Marion




Here are the how-to from Marj:

"I usually like realistic stamp images, but it was fun to try a new style, and what fun it was to create my BIRD CRAZY accordion project!  I stamped with Memento Black Ink, and colored in the birds with Copic Markers. I used streaks with the markers, rather than precise blending, in order to simulate feathers!

I attached dyed feathers (craft stores), but used a yellow Copic marker to dye one white feather for the yellow bird. I colored the eyes and used Stella Wink/Stella pen (clear) to add some more sparkle. The top shaped addition on the tops of the panels was cut with a Lifestyle Die. (no item #)  Any label die could be used.

Art ‘n Soul bling in assorted colors was used to coordinate with the colored birds.  I also used some splatters of silver metallic paint made from US Art Quest palettes.

I created the birds’ names on lightweight cardstock with the computer,colored the edges with Copics, and mounted them with adhesive foam tape.

After my birds complete their stay at the Inspiration Station, I’ll enjoy decorating my art studio with this fun project!"



Bianca uses distress inks and colored crayons to make this lovely card on the Magenta blog.


by Bianca van Noort, Design Team Magenta
Click on this link for the details:



Another pretty card is shown on the Memory Box blog using more of their new dies.

by Deborah Nolan for Memory Box

Click on this link for the info:



I really like this card on the Poppy Stamp's blog featuring the new die of buildings. I think you will, too.


by Yoonsun Hur for Poppy Stamps

Click on this link for Yoonsun's how-to:



Micheline "Mimi" Jourdain has made this beautiful card for Penny Black Stamps.

by Micheline "Mimi" Jourdain for Penny BlackSlapstick/Cling stamp, 40-102 Dreamy

From the Facebook posting:
"On the flowers, I use distress INK ... first: scattered straw, spiced marmelade, aged mahogany and vintage photo. With paintbrush I paint the stamp, spritz water and stamp. I let it dry. Than, I spritz water again and let it flow where I want it do... sorry for my English... add a bit of color (ink) and I continu... a little bit of water and just let flow... again and again... when I am happy, I let dry, stamp a sentiment and cut "et voilà"!"



For a very clean looking and simple card, look no further than this pretty card from Maureen. On the IMAGINE Crafts' blog, they are talking about what the new trends are from the National Stationery Show Trends for 2015. One of them is anything and everything metallic.

by Maureen Cronin
Artist-in-Residence for IMAGINE Crafts
Click on this link for the step-by-step directions:




Dianne has made this gorgeous card using one of her new designs for Magenta.

by Dianne Johnson

  •  STAMPS:
    • Magenta's Zen Star Flower 44.016.M
    • Magenta's "Happiness is the path" 44.016.M
    • stamped with VersaFine in Onyx Black
  • DIE:
    • Memory Box Stitched Rectangles 30009
  • DISTRESS INKS:
    • Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed
  • ENAMEL DOTS:
    • My Mind's Eye Chalk Studio 2 & Adorbs "Hello"
  • PAPER:
    • So Silk Card Stock in Beauty Pink
    • Tim Holtz Distressed Watercolor Card Stock in White
    • Craft Foam

Look for this card on display at Art 'n Soul. Dianne will be at the store all day and would love to share the techniques she used when making the card.


That's all for now. Please stop in at Art 'n Soul to inspire your artistic soul!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers