Monday, January 19, 2015

Thank the Lord! We did it! The Seattle Seahawks are going to the Super Bowl . . . again! Keeping my tradition of not being a jinx by watching or listening to the game so they will win is my contribution. My theory proved itself. My husband left the house to watch the game with about 40 others and left the TV on in the living room with the game on; oh no! Some time during the 3rd quarter I walked into the living room, discovered the error, saw they were losing 0 to something to the Packers, and immediately turned the TV to another channel. A while later, I could hear gunshots in the neighborhood. It sounded like victory shots to me. But I patiently waited until there were Facebook posts about the win before returning to the football station. I did watch a replay of the fake field goal kick . . . could they have been a finer team? Not!


We may have been closed for the Seahawk Game Day, but we're open today! Even better, many public employees will be enjoying a holiday . . . we hope you'll be including Art 'n Soul in your outing today.



At CHA, Imagine Crafts introduced some really wonderful products that will become available next month. And as he has in the past, John Petersen really out-did himself again with an awesome booth design showing these new products off in great style.

















All of the samples were made by John. I personally cannot wait to have the fun of working with the StazOn Studio Glaze because there are so many possibilities.



On the last day of the show, I had the pleasure of meeting Judi Kauffman at the Elizabeth Craft Designs' booth. They were the very last vendor I visited and I asked the lady taking down the Shimmer Sheetz display if she had made any of the art on the boards. It was then she introduced herself and I immediately recognized her name. I've shown lots of her work on this blog in the past and I was thrilled to take more photos to show now.

This is Judi Kauffman, Guest Designer for Elizabeth Craft Designs

by Judi Kauffman for Elizabeth Craft Designs

by Judi Kauffman for Elizabeth Craft Designs

by Judi Kauffman for Elizabeth Craft Designs

by Judi Kauffman for Elizabeth Craft Designs
This bracelet was made with Shimmer Sheetz that were
embossed and die cut with the new jewelry dies; Judi took
a leather strap and wove it through the die cuts that had
been slit with a craft knife at each side.

by Judi Kauffman for Elizabeth Craft Designs
I liked this card because of the hinges
that I thought added a nice touch.
 


by Judi Kauffman for Elizabeth Craft Designs

 by Judi Kauffman for Elizabeth Craft Designs

by Judi Kauffman for Elizabeth Craft Designs

by Judi Kauffman for Elizabeth Craft Designs

by Judi Kauffman for Elizabeth Craft Designs


"Jewelry dies – Create beautiful jewelry using Elizabeth Craft Designs Shimmer Sheetz, Embossing Folders, Double Sided Adhesive, and Peel-Offs. Alter with Alcohol Inks or StazOn and use a sanding block to add to the fun. Make sure to use our #803 Metal Adaptor Plate to die cut the Shimmer Sheetz. The jewelry is elegant and VERY lightweight. Watch Els’ You Tube video demoing the New Jewelry dies."
These dies are available now. I'll have more photos from the Elizabeth Craft Designs booth to share with you later.




Here's a Magenta stamp inked with water-based ink, spritzed with a water mister, and the color is then spread with a watercolor brush.


by Mariette van Leeuwen, Design Team Magenta
Here's the link to Mariette's post:



How sweet is this card from the PoppyStamps' blog? I say, very!


by Sherry Hester for PoppyStamps

Click on this link for Sherry's posting:





Thanks so much for stopping in!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers