Thursday, November 13, 2014

What is it about a cold weather snap that brings thoughts of warm snuggly homes, the snap-crackle-pop of the fire in the fireplace, hot yummy soup, and the need to do something creative. With the new orders arriving regularly at Art 'n Soul, don't hesitate to stop in and find something new or replenish a supply of your favorite tools to make art, cards, journal art or wonderful inspiration.

The metallic, Mirricard, and skin card stocks arrived and will be at the store tomorrow (Friday), as well as more of the 140 lb. cold press watercolor paper.

And tomorrow (Friday), the Art 'n Soul Journal Club meets between 4:00 and 6:00 p.m. If you want some real inspiration, come and join in . . . real art and fun happens.


From an email that I receive regularly, I was alerted to Elegance and Enchantment offering free fonts for the holidays. Here is the link:  http://www.eleganceandenchantment.com/free-fonts-for-christmas-diy-projects/



I downloaded a few for the inside messages of my Christmas cards. I really liked the "Milkshake", "Halo Handletter", and "Birds of Paradise" fonts.



On the Magenta blog, Ellie Knol presents a beautiful holiday card using one of their new stencils and stamps . . .


by Ellie Knol, Design Team Magenta



Ellen Taylor has made a beautiful Christmas card for Impression Obsession. I love the gorgeous blue hues with the white ink. All of the ink products are from IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko.


by Ellen Taylor for Impression Obsession



On the Memory Box blog, Marnie has made a beautiful card combining her love for Copic markers and the Memory Box dies. This particular die is one of my new favorites.


by Marnie Bushmole for Memory Box



My friend Renee Zarate has a very fun blog, Bolton House. Her latest posting combines zentangles with stencils and I know you'll love it!


by Renee Zarate



I am freezing, so I am going to quit now and return to my favorite chair in front of the fireplace to warm up. I have all of my Halloween decorations to take down tonight. The lady who decorates the Christmas tree is coming on Saturday. A little early, yes. But the house has to be decorated before we leave for Hawaii 2 days after Thanksgiving and we're gone again next week.



This is a photo of a bird that is waiting for Lisa to put the bird feeder out.
by Lisa Lee, Inchie Arts LLC




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing my Zentangled Cat. Oh and thanks for sharing how to wash a cat. It will be a long time before I get those images out of my mind! ~ hugs, Renee

    ReplyDelete

Followers