Monday, June 2, 2014

Jean Okimoto has posted a beautiful card on the Memory Box blog. She used a stencil, a die and the new Radiant Neon inks from IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukienko.


by Jean Okimoto for Memory Box


Here's another card by Jean using a die, making a stencil from a die, and 'floating' the image on a card. All of this on another Memory Box blog posting shown here.


by Jean Okimoto for Memory Box



Here is a brush blending technique using the Tombow Dual Brush Pen that we sell at Art 'n Soul. This link will take you to a PDF document prepared by Marie Browning for Tombow.




This afternoon I treated myself to something I've been waiting to do for over a year and a half, if not over 2 years. I drove 143 miles, each way, to take a class to learn the Belgian Book Binding technique. This young teacher was one of the best I've ever learned from; many of her 'tips' answered a lot of questions I've had over the years.


This lady had taken a 3 week vacation to Japan, which
included a privately-owned island devoted to
nothing but art. When I saw the paper she had brought
to class to make her book out of, I asked her where in
Japan she had purchased this paper. It's Italian paper
with Japanese script on it. Go figure!






 This is an actual design of the paper. I liked
how she used it on the front and back cover.




This is my book. I used traditional washi paper
with the velvet paper from SEI. I will soon scour my
stash of handmade papers to make another book;
I am now a big fan of this particular binding technique.

by Debbie Gaetz



I'm almost in shock that we are now in the month of June! June! Can you believe it? The longest day of the year happens this month, and then the days become shorter.

We have a dynamite second half of the year coming up at Art 'n Soul, and we want to share it with everyone! Please help us by spreading the word . . . Art 'n Soul is where you want to be inspired and shop for the best in fine art rubber stamping, mixed media art products and supplies, papers, ribbons; and find a staff that is always looking forward to assisting you to find the best for what you want to create.


ART 'N SOUL ANNUAL BIRTHDAY PARTY
Sunday, July 27, 2014 -- 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers