Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I really liked this transformed recipe box, altered with paper from Graphic 45's Botanical Tea papers. I don't know if I would use it for recipes; instead, I think I would use it to store little treasures in a place I would see every day.

by Rhea Freitag for Graphic 45
Here is the link to the Graphic 45 posting of Rhea's project:  http://g45papers.typepad.com/graphic45/2014/06/the-riveting-altered-art-of-rhea-freitag.html



Jeanne Streiff made this card for a Splitcoast Stampers Challenge, using stamps from Impression Obsession. The challenge was to use a heat gun in the making of the card. She embossed the background stamp and the flower.

by Jeanne Streiff for Impression Obsession & Splitcoast Stampers
Click on this link to the Impression Obsession blog posting:  http://mitrafriant.typepad.com/impression_obsession_news/2014/06/blue-dahlia-by-jeanne-streiff.html 



Over on the Fred B. Mullett Group website, I was browsing through the 'samples' category and really liked what I saw here.

by Fred B. Mullett
I wasn't able to obtain a specific permalink to this particular sample, so here is what Fred has written about the process:
  • "A leaf shape was layered over a mosaic style background.  Various portions were accentuated or eliminated to create a push-pull effect.

  • Colorants included bleached black paper, the "H2O's" from AngelWings/Luminarte, and opaque colored pencils."



From Memory Box blog, Jean Okimoto has made a quick and simple card using their latest dies and stencils.

by Jean Okimoto for Memory Box
Here's the link to Jean's blog posting for the details:  http://davebrethauer.typepad.com/outsidethebox/2014/06/my-entry-2.html 



I don't know where the time goes in a day. I'm off to bed because my grandnephew is receiving a surprise award at this junior high school tomorrow morning at 8:15 a.m. We're so proud of him. In addition to being an super baseball and soccer player, he's also achieved a 4.0 GPA in his 9th grade year while also taking advanced level classes. I think we should be there to cheer him on!

Nighty night!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers