Wednesday, April 9, 2014

We have arrived in London. The flight was an easy one and both of us actually slept. The food was terrible but we were not on the flight for the food! As we were exiting Heathrow International Airport for the London Underground, I told Tom that even with all of the traveling we do, I continue to be amazed at how I am at home in Puyallup yesterday and fly out of SeaTac at 6:30 p.m., and we're walking the streets of London by 1:00 p.m. local time the next day (5:00 a.m. home time).

We're in love with our granddaughters all over again. They've grown so much since Christmas and they know us -- that's what is important to us. The spring weather abounds and we ate outside for a late lunch.


From the Memory Box blog, here is a 'spring' goodie box using their Butterfly Favor Box die. I hesitated ordering it when I put my order in last time, but I don't think I will this next time!

by Jean Okimoto for Memory Box



Susie's middle daughter is expecting twins in July. So what does Susie think about all of the time now . . . twin babies. Look at these adorable cards that she has made using the Hanko Designs' Washi Paper and Washi Quilting instructions.

By Susie Tracy

By Susie Tracy
(close up of the carriage below)

We used to keep the quilting packages in stock; if there is a renewed interest, we're happy to bring them back to Art 'n Soul. Please let us know if you're interested . . . your feedback is very important to us!



How beautiful is this card from the Poppy Stamp blog? Ira Huberts is the creator.

by Ira Huberts for Poppy Stamps
This is the link to see the dies Ira used to make this card . . . http://poppystamps.typepad.com/poppystamps/2014/04/lets-celebrate-spring.html



The Impression Obsession order arrived at the store yesterday. Please stop in and see what is there if you didn't place a personal order because their dies and stamps always go fast. This card might provide more inspiration for you . . . 

by Jenny Gropp for Impression Obsession



Cathy Andronicou has done an amazing effect on this mermaid card using the IMAGINE Crafts' Vertigo™. The Vertigo will be back in stock, hopefully before the end of this month.

by Cathy Andronicou
Artist-in-Residence for IMAGINE Crafts
Cathy's instructional video can be found on the blog posting over at IMAGINE Crafts . . . http://mitrafriant.typepad.com/impression_obsession_news/2014/04/butterfly-kisses-by-jenny-gropp.html



It's time to turn in. My granddaughter wanted me to sleep in her bed tonight. It was tough telling her that I had to sleep at the rental apartment with Grandpa. Now, if I can only get to sleep!

Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow! I'm imagining some of you are at the store listening to what Dianne says is soooo much fun to play with that you just have to buy it! If you're not there, please do stop in at Art 'n Soul today because I know Dianne would really love to see you!

Yesterday, I took these pics of my tulips at home just in case they're 'done' before we return at the end of next week.













2 comments:

  1. Everything sounds so wonderful Debbie. I have two grandbabies due in July and August. I love the very cute quilted baby items. I would love to learn how to make them. Your flowers here at home are so beautiful. They do give me hope that spring is here to stay. Have a wonderful time!

    I Adour all the wonderful ladies who keep Art N’ Soul packed full of all the latest fun and amazing products. Being new I’m finding that it is not a matter of not having enough choice in products. No it is trying to decide which wonderful product you want to do first. I love this store and I love the amazing ladies who always make you feel at home. They keep you inspired and are willing to share their knowledge with their customers.

    Have an awesome trip Debbie. I hope to get in to see the rest of you ladies soon. My days are filled with discovering what wonderful things I can create from all the awesome products I’ve gotten at your store. Happy creating everyone
    Always with Love
    Robin Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! We really appreciate your comments and always look forward to seeing you at the store!

      Delete

Followers