Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Memory Box order arrived late yesterday . . . and the individual advance customer orders were finally filled and customers called today. Coming the day after the largest Notions order ever, it was another huge undertaking by our incredibly dedicated and hardworking staff.

I saw this last night, and I wanted to share this particular card I saw on the Memory Box blog.


by Pam Sparks for Memory Box
Click on this link to go to the actual posting that includes a how-to video . . . http://davebrethauer.typepad.com/outsidethebox/2014/02/die-cutting-embossing-and-inking-memory-box-dies.html.




I love this card by Vicky Papaioannou for Penny Black. What I liked is the way she used the various hearts from a Penny Black stamp set to make petals of a flower. It reminds me of the class we took from Helene Metivier with Magenta when we learned how to use a stamp design and shape for something other than it was originally designed as.

by Vicky Papaioannou for Penny Black




You must go to the "official" Zentangle website with their newsletter that arrived in my mailbox today. It shows 'zentangled' quilts and they are beyond amazing. I know some of you enjoy or have enjoyed the art of quilting.

by Sandy Dekker



Marj worked at the store today. She loved showing customers her recommendations and techniques with various adhesives. This is the example she displayed with the Dreamweaver Stencil and matching die.

by Marj Marion

Marj was also showing customers how she works with Inka Golds!

by Marj Marion

Inka Golds:  Apricot, Orange, Lava Red
Stamps:
Magenta H0259
Impression Obsession D13199 (vertical text)



I'm going to sign off for now before I turn into a pumpkin. It's been quite a long day. I reconnected with a childhood friend at a service to celebrate her mom's life who passed away last Friday. So many memories of when we were friends in grade school. And then it was off to a fundraising dinner for my husband's car club, The Kingsmen. They raise money through the year to then provide contributions to various charities in the local communities.



There's a lot to enjoy at Art 'n Soul . . . extra dies from our recent Memory Box order are available and they're just waiting for you to pick them out!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers