Sunday, February 16, 2014

Finding the words to convey sympathy is always difficult. I really appreciated this stamp set from Heartfelt Creations, "Sympathy Sentiment" PreCut Set (HCPC 3377). There is a beautiful word stamp that is in the new release catalog from Magenta . . . "May the love . . ." (07.817.H) that I've included in my pink sheet order. I digress. So I put my stamp, ink pad, die set and papers together to make this card . . .

by Debbie Gaetz


  • Sympathy Sentiment PreCut Set from Heartfelt Creations (HCPC 3377)
  • Spellbinders' Nestabilities Majestic Elements "Marvelous Squares" (S4-383)
  • IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko VersaFine in Majestic Blue
  • 140 lb. cold press watercolor paper (card base)
  • Authentique 6x6 Paper Bundle:  Strong
  • Graphic 45 6x6 Patterns & Solids:  Spring Garden
  • Tombow Multi Mono Liquid Glue
  • Adhesive-backed pearls
  • Pop-Dots
The middle square with the stamped image was adhered with pop dots. The intricate die cut details were adhered with this little bottle of adhesive from Tombow. Dianne said to try it for those little 'spots' because the nose of the bottle at one end is so fine. I bought it and tried it out. It works! You too can use this wonderful adhesive that's available at Art 'n Soul!




 Check this out from Elizabeth Craft Designs. Judi Kauffman is a regular contributor showcasing cards using ECD's Glitter Silk, peel-offs, dies and Shimmer Sheetz!

by Judi Kauffman for StencilGirl Talk
Judi has used stencils on Shimmer Sheetz. This particular piece is for a large scrapbook page but there are a couple of sample cards on the same posting. Click on this link to the StencilGirl Talk blog page to see Judi's work . . . http://www.stencilgirltalk.com/2014/02/stencilgirl-guest-designer-judi-kauffman.html.




From the Idea Page on the Memory Box website, this is a nice card made with washi tape . . . stamps! from Memory Box. Until I can order those stamps from Art 'n Soul, I'll have to use washi tapes from my stash.

by Jean Okimoto for Memory Box
Click on this link to go to the "how-to" about this card:  http://memoryboxco.com/ideas_detail.asp?id=1107




From the IMAGINE Crafts' blog, Artist-in-Residence Darsie Bruno shows you how to make a beautiful blending of the new Radiant Neon inks for this card.

by Darsie Bruno for IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko
Click on this link to go to the blog site to read Darsie's instructions:  http://imaginecraftsblog.com/2014/02/16/sunset-birds/.


It's time to do some quick pick-me-ups before I turn in. I'm really looking forward to Marj's class tomorrow afternoon. I hope to see you there!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers