Monday, December 2, 2013

Thank you to everyone who came into Art 'n Soul on Black Friday and Small Business Saturday. You helped make those two days very bright for us, and we hope you're enjoying your purchase(s). Don't forget that Tuesday is "Turquoise Tuesday" at Art 'n Soul and only Dianne has the clues to what it means. You'll actually have to go into the store to find out!



This is the third card that we'll make in my "Last Dash for Christmas" card class on Thursday, December 12. I hope you'll join us. In addition to the 3 cards you'll make in class, you will receive a bonus card to take home to complete. The card will be at the store tomorrow; the other two are there already!

by Debbie Gaetz for
"Last Dash for Christmas" Card Class

"LAST DASH FOR CHRISTMAS" Card Class -- Debbie Gaetz
Thursday, December 12, 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. -- $25 per person

It seems as much as we prepare in advance,  a need for a last-minute Christmas card appears out of nowhere. Here's your chance to make 3 cards and take home a 4th 'bonus' card. While listening to Christmas music, we'll be using, among other supplies, one of the new Christmas stamps from Magenta; andda new 3-D M-Bossabilities folder from Spellbinders. Please bring your basic class kit.


Coming to Art 'n Soul tomorrow are more wood veneer laser cut-outs from Studio Calico . . . it's taken me almost a year to find the people cut-outs, and more than 6 months to find the bird cut-outs, in stock and ready to purchase.









I said I would try to share my photos from Leavenworth on Thanksgiving evening. After we left my cousin's home in Cashmere to check into the hotel in Leavenworth, we discovered all of their Christmas lights were up. We quickly checked in, put our 'snow coats' on since it was 29 degrees out, and enjoyed a nice walk through downtown Leavenworth. Even though the 'official lighting ceremony' is this next weekend, they still light up the town. We weren't the only people out for a late evening walk.







Hannah and I snuggling close for a photo opp.




I love how the inns get into the lighting extravaganza. They all
appear to go all out . . . this Inn was across Highway 2 from
the Town Center park.




Tom and Hannah


Our tree is decorated and the decorations are in place. Just a few finishing touches and a run to the store for more batteries are all that's left to do, I think! Tomorrow, I'm going to enjoy taking my grandniece and her parents to lunch to celebrate her 4th birthday 3 months ago, the same date as my last granddaughter's birth. That's why I missed her birthday. I'm praying the snow holds off because she lives in Woodinville.


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas . . .





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers