Monday, November 11, 2013

You're going to love this vellum bag and envelope from Elizabeth Allen for Penny Black.


Go to this link to see the details:  http://pennyblackinc.wordpress.com/





Zentangling keeps happening at Art 'n Soul. Check out this card . . .

by Deb Kuttel



Nibs 'n Inks' 2014 calendars are still available at the store. They are beautiful and very reasonably priced . . . and they are each an individual work of art. All of the calendar pages are original and signed by the calligrapher, not reproduced by a commercial printing press.





One of the best little items I use when I clean my rubber stamps is this little "cutting in" refill pad set from the paint section at the local hardware store. After I've cleaned the stamp with wipes, I then rub this pad to dry it off. I learned this a long time ago from Cindy Sharp at one of her card classes and have since used these pads religiously. You might want to try it.





IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko is planning an ornament exchange. It sounds pretty neat . . . see the details by going to this link from their blog:  http://imaginecraftsblog.com/2013/11/05/participate-in-our-first-annual-ornament-exchange/





Today was indeed a special day. Today, November 11, all of us were asked to remember and recognize the men and women in uniform who bravely serve to protect our freedoms and way of life, past and present. The sacrifices they've been asked to make, temporary or permanent, should never be taken lightly or dismissed. Starting today, Veteran's Day, let's continue our appreciation and recognition each and every day forward. Never give up the opportunity to say 'thank you' in person to a man or woman in uniform!

I can remember sitting at dinner in my favorite restaurant next to Art 'n Soul, the Thai House. In walked a young man in uniform with his young wife, ready to enjoy a nice dinner out. It felt so good to ask Phon, the restaurant owner, to allow me to purchase their dinner; a very small gesture of my appreciation. They were very grateful, and I feel quite confident that I felt even more grateful! A cup of coffee works, too . . . just sayin'.



See you tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers