Friday, November 22, 2013

From the Penny Black blog . . .

"PB Plays Along: Judy

NOVEMBER 20, 2013
There are so many inspirational challenge blogs out there… this week we are honored to be playing along with Designed to ColorFind all of the challenge details HERE so you can play along, too!  And guess what? Some very special members of the Penny Black family are playing along this week… it’s the Stamp Squad!

pb_banner
Designed-to-Color-Logo
Looking for a fun image with lots of details to color? Look no further than our T for Transparent set, 30-194 Christmas Harmony!
Judy first stamped her image in black and added clear embossing powder.  Next she colored with the following Copic markers: BG72 (head and snowflakes on breast); E35 (legs); YG11 and G05 (leaves); E84, E11, and YG03 (body and tail); and YR27 (beak)."
--------
"With just hints of red, Penny’s given our woodblock poinsettia, 4346K Warm Wishes, a distinctive look.

And how about that diagonal design? Very eye-catching!
We’d love for you to come play along with us!  Just upload your Penny Black stamped card on the Designed to Color blog HERE. And, of course, we’d also love to see your Penny Black stamped in the Penny Circle flickr gallery and/or on our Facebook page!
Shop for today’s featured Penny Black supplies:
  • 4346K Warm Wishes
  • Madison Designer Paper Pad"




John Petersen's blog shows a special ornament he made for the Spellbinders' Christmas blog hop. You need to click on the link to John's blog to see how he made this awesome ornament . . . 
by John Petersen for Spellbinders


Thinking Christmas, Art 'n Soul Gift Certificates make the perfect gift for a crafting friend and YOU! Dianne keeps making these beautiful certificates for us that you'll be very proud to give or receive. And you don't have to wait for Christmas . . . Art 'n Soul Gift Certificates are the perfect 'anytime' gift!
Stamped by Dianne Johnson

Stamped by Dianne Johnson

Stamped by Dianne Johnson


From Cheery Lynn Designs' blog . . .

"Mexican Tile and Poinsettias

by Sandy Hulsart for Cheery Lynn Designs
Sandy, here with you again.  For my card today, I started with a green card stock base, 5 x 7 inches.  I added a metallic white panel that I embossed with my Poinsettia embossing plate.  Be sure to click on the picture to see the beauty of this embossing.  It really is lovely.  Next I die cut my Mexican Tile Pattern frame from green card stock and using spray adhesive, attached it to a red card stock base.  Then I just trimmed it on the diagonal and attached it to my card.  I think this pattern looks a lot like poinsettias.

by Sandy Hulsart for Cheery Lynn Designs
Using red card stock, I die cut my Poinsettia Strip die two times.  This gives you enough petals for four flowers but I only needed three for my card.  I added a couple of green Holly leaves and then pieces of my Holly Lace Flourish.  Kind of classy I think.  

Cheery Lynn Designs dies used:
Poinsettia Embossing Plate
Mexican Tile Pattern Frame
Poinsettia Strip
Holly Leaves
Holly Lace Flourish"



I'm off to Seattle for my husband's annual state convention. I wish I could stamp out a new dress to wear. Cleaning out the closet two months ago means the 'cupboard is bare' for cocktail attire and I totally forgot! So it's to Seattle with a quick stop on the way. See you tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers