Monday, August 12, 2013

I'm back! Not in the way I thought I would be. My AIR project for IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® will have to wait for the next posting. My morning and afternoon have been plagued with vertigo . . . one minute I bend over to pick up something and the next, whomp! I've been perched on the sofa trying not to move my head too much.



Last Saturday at Art 'n Soul, everyone had the most fun watching the Dreamweaver Stencils demo by Lynell and Wayne Harlow. We felt so honored and fortunate that the owner of Dreamweaver Stencils would take the time to personally visit Art 'n Soul and send an entire day with us showcasing their beautiful stencil designs and products.

Wayne Harlow (center front)
Lynell Harlow (left) and
Art 'n Soul's Artist of the Month Jane Townsend (right)

I especially like the background paper used
for this card; it really makes that pear pop out!






Here again, I really like the background
paper the zentangled acorns and leaves are mount4d on.

this is a beautiful holiday card;
I never would have thought to use Hanko Designs' Japanese Linen
paper to stencil and zentangle on -- Art 'n Soul sells these
beautiful papers in all of their colors



It was a very good day. The Dreamweaver Stencils trunk show continues at Art 'n Soul . . . we encourage you to check it out soon!



From IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko®, Kazuko unveiled her AIR project using the new Vertigo™.

by Kazuko Ocho
Artist in Residence for IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko®
AIR Kazuko shows how to made a gorgeous necklace with Vertigo.

"http://kazukoko.blogspot.com/2013/08/august-air-project-1-vertigo.html"
This new product is supposed to ship in mid- to late September . . . watch for the delivery notice to Art 'n Soul. You're gonna love IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Vertigo™ film!



Els at Elizabeth Craft Designs shows how to make this gorgeous holiday decoration . . .

by Els for Elizabeth Craft Designs
"This was a fun project. I did die cut the Snowflakes (nr 757) out of the Blue Iris Shimmer Sheetz using the metal adaptor plate. Added some Transparent/Silver Glitter dots (nr 7018) and attached them together with jump rings. Didn't have aChristmas Tree yet to hang them in so old ice skates were the closest to winter I could get at this moment:-)! This is a link to a Youtube about how to cut the Shimmer Sheetz using the metal adaptor platehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYCyxr9FBPA"



Today, Kazuko Ocho played around with her Inka Golds, Silks and Primary Elements from Splash of Color. She didn't know what her project would look like at the end and she surprised herself!
by Kazuko Ocho
"INKA GOLD for silk flower, INKA GOLD and SILKS for red button. For finishing mixure of Primary Elements misted., and black Gesso is used for shading at right bottom." -- Kazuko

I've asked Kazuko to return to Art 'n Soul and teach a couple of classes after the first of the year (her schedule constraints, not ours!) . . . this might have to be one of the classes. What do you think?



That's it for today. I'll be back tomorrow!

I wish I could remember where I saw this photo
to give proper credit. I just love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers