Sunday, August 25, 2013

Coming to Art 'n Soul by the end of today . . . more washi tape from My Mind's Eye!


A limited supply . . . so please be quick! for your favorite tapes.



Marj has added a couple of new classes to the schedule . . . lucky us! and lucky you! She is teaching a Gelli Plate class on Monday, October 14, from 1:00 to 4:00. It's Columbus Day and, for some, a holiday! And Marj has scheduled a "Distress Splat" class on Saturday, October 12, from 1:00 to 4:00More details to come! 


A reminder to sign up for Marj's "Autumn in Asia" class on Saturday, September 14, from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. You're going to play with the Inka Gold Metallic Rubs, die cut, stamp, and dry emboss. Please stop into the store or call us at 360.357.6820 to sign up now!


by Marj Marion for "Autumn in Asia" class
on September 14 at Art 'n Soul





From the Sakura blog via CraftGossip Newsletter, this beautiful butterfly card by Peggy Oliver (http://crystallacquer.blogspot.ca):


Coloring with Crystal Lacquer Pearl and Metallic Pens

by Peggy Oliver for Sakura
"Hi! Today I would like to show you how I used Metallic &
Pearl Crystal Lacquer to create an embellishment and main focal image for a card.

List of supplies used today are:
Acetate
Image Stamp to color
StazOn Ink
3D Metallic & Pearl Crystal Lacquer
Card Base
Card stock
Patterned Paper
Sentiment Stamp
Embellishments

I started with a piece of acetate (packaging) and
 stamped a butterfly to color with my metallic/pearl pens.
I chose to use a complimentary color of permanent
StazOn Ink. I chose StazOn Ink so it wouldn't smudge.

Next I turned my image over to color it.
I used each color in the set. When it was dry I turned my image back over to
reveal the lines of my image with my vibrant pearlized colors visible.
Then cut out the image leaving approx. a 1/8" edge around the stamped image


I layered my card stock and patterned paper on my card base.
I used pop dots to adhere my butterfly in the center small enough not to show through.
I added the rest of my embellishments and stamped my sentiment at the bottom.
The inside of the card has a lovely Serenity Poem.


 Here is a close up of the butterfly. (hard to capture on camera)"


We've worked with Sakura's crystal lacquer at Art 'n Soul before, and we are able to order it for you if you don't have a current supply through Notions.



From Els at Elizabeth Craft Designs, another piece of jewelry from Shimmer Sheetz!
by Els at Elizabeth Craft Designs
"Made a keychain using the Tim Holtz Swivel Clasps. I used the Turquoise Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz. Cut one flower out of just the Shimmer Sheetz and one with our double sided adhesive on the back. For the thin dies you can only cut simple shapes out of the Shimmer Sheetz if you add double sided adhesive sheets and you need to use the metal adaptor plate. After I cut the flowers I added some alcohol ink, then stick them together, emboss and sand with a sanding block. The gemstone colors have a silver core. Perfect method for making jewelry as well."




Tomorrow I'll post pics of some more new papers!

and you can do just that at Art 'n Soul . . .
get happy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers