Monday, July 29, 2013

My Artist-in-Residence theme project this month for IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® is using a stamp from Stampotique Originals.

China Belle by Janet Klein for Stampotique
9171

I stamped the image twice; once on Magenta's ultra-thick card stock and once on a white index card with IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Versafine Archival Pigment Ink in Tuxedo Black. The image on the index card was then cut out so I could use it as a mask; it was then placed on top of the stamped image on the ultra thick card stock.

Bamboo TCW254
The Crafter's Workshop



I placed the Bamboo Stencil from Crafter's Workshop on top of the card stock and taped it down to secure it. I applied IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento Luxe™ Pigment Ink in Pistachio with IMAGINE Crafts® InkBlushers™ over the stencil. After removing the stencil, I also removed the stamped image 'mask'.

Using a Sakura Pigma Micron 01 Pen in black, I outlined each of the stenciled bamboo images.



I colored the stamp image using Spectrum Noir® alcohol markers.
  • BP6,PP5 & FS8 for the petal 'hair'
  • LV1 and PL 1 for the robe
  • IG4 and IG6 for the trim on the robe
  • FS2 and FS3 for the skin tones
  • LV3 for the flower hair embellishment
I added a hot pink crystal to the center of the flower embellishment.



I used Spellbinders Grand Labels Twenty-Three to die-cut a piece of washi and tsumugi papers from Hanko Designs to frame around the stamped image. All 3 layers were then adhered to the front of an ivory pre-folded card from Strathmore. I used the Heritage Corner punch from EK Success for the corners on the card using the washi paper glued to lightweight card stock (before punching).

by Debbie Gaetz for IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko®


I like the character stamps from Stampotique Originals. You may soon see another stamp from Stampotique on my blog again.

Please stay tuned for more projects using products from IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® as I catch up on my July projects before the end of the month.

2 comments:

  1. very cute, I need to go check out this image as I've never seen it. Love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! If you like this stamp, you'lll probably like several of the other Stampotique images. We appreciated their 'partnership' this month!

      Delete

Followers