Thursday, June 20, 2013

For our Artist's Choice Challenge project this month, IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko's® Artists-in-Residence have been asked to work with a product from Maya Road, much to our delight. I love little boxes and this one from Maya Road was the perfect focus for my project this month.

I sprayed IMAGINE Crafts® Fireworks!™ Craft Spray in Angel Pink all over the box, including the bottom.


To line the inside of the box, I chose to use "Poised" in  Authentique Paper's Grace Collection 8x8 Bundle.


After sizing up the box, I cut 4 squares for each side, 1 square for the bottom, and 1 square for the inside of the hinged lid. You may find that the size squares for the sides may differ slightly, as did the size for the inside bottom and the inside of the lid. Paper crafting is all about flexibility and adjustments, isn't it?


Because I have lots of small bird embellishments that I would keep in this little box, I decided to stamp birds on the outside of the box with IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento Luxe™ Mixed Media Pigment Ink in Wedding Dress.


A variety of stamps were used from Magenta, Hero Arts, Memory Box and Inkadinkado. Pearl embellishments were used on the top and 2 of the 4 sides.






As I've said before, IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento Luxe™ Mixed Media Pigment Ink is wonderful to work with. I'm looking forward to using it in many mixed media projects. I think you will, too!

Thanks for stopping by. If you'd like to see the new IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento Luxe™ Mixed Media Pigment Ink in person, stop in at Art 'n Soul this Sunday, from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. when we celebrate our 10th birthday! I'll be demo'ing the Memento Luxe™ on wood paper and using it with Luminarte's Silk Acrylic Glaze. Hope to see you then!

SUPPLIES USED:
  • IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento Luxe™ Mixed Media Pigment Ink in Wedding White
  • IMAGINE Crafts® Fireworks!™ Craft Spray in Angel Pink
  • Maya Road 3" Vintage Memory Box (Chipboard)
  • Authentique Papers Grace Collection 8x8 Bundle
  • Inkadinkado Bird House stamp (98161 G)
  • Memory Box Woodblock Bird stamp (D1307)
  • Hero Arts Starburst stamp (F5318)
  • Hero Arts Newsprint Bird stamp (H5580)
  • Magenta (Bold Circle Bird) stamp (0627.G)
  • Magenta Snowflake stamp (35074.I)
  • Magenta Swirl-Lines stamp (42126.L)
  • Pink Pearl adhesive-backed embellishments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers