Friday, May 24, 2013

This month's Artist-in-Residence Challenge is to use the new IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento Luxe™ Mixed Media Pigment Ink on a wood surface. They are wonderful inks and are exceptionally terrific to use with solid image stamps and stencils.

I chose a wood picture frame.


Using the IMAGINE Crafts® InkBlushers™ I applied IMAGINE Crafts® Walnut Ink™ Craft Spray to the wood frame on all sides (including the feet), and then allowed the frame to air dry.



On the backside of the frame, I applied IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento Luxe™ Mixed Media Pigment Ink in Wedding Dress and Nautical Blue daubed over Magenta Style's Nature Elements Template of butterflies and flowers with the IMAGINE Crafts® Ink Blushers. After the ink had dried, I rubbed it down with a soft cloth to give it a very aged and worn look; if the stain didn't rub onto the stenciled images, I took a very light spray onto my cloth, rubbed the cloth together, and then lightly wiped over the image for the rubbed, aged look. Why on the backside? Because I wanted something nice to look at  when the photo was directed away from me. It also gave me an excuse to play with more area!




On the front side of the frame, I applied IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento Luxe™ Mixed Media Pigment Ink in Wedding Dress daubed over a gingko leaf stencil with the IMAGINE Crafts® Ink Blusher. After this had air dried, I sprayed the frame with IMAGINE Crafts® GooseBumps™ Shimmer Texture Spray. In some areas I sprayed heavily so I could then move the frame around to cause a slight amount of dripping onto the stenciled leaves for an aged look. Then I also stamped a very small flower with Memento Luxe™ in Nautical Blue after the GooseBumps™ had air dried, and then adhered a flat-backed medium-sized pearl to the center of each flower.



Now all I have to do is find a favorite photo of my late mother to print in a light sepia tone to fit within the frame.


Thanks for stopping by. My next posting will feature the IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento Luxe™ Mixed Media Pigment Ink on 'anything but paper!' When these inks become available, you're going to love them.


SUPPLIES USED:
  • Unpainted Wood Circle Frame from the local craft store
  • Cedar Canyon Textiles Ginkgo Leaves Stencils (CCT702)
  • Magenta Style Nature Elements Template (TM28)
  • JustRite Clear "Circle of Life" Stamp Set (AG-04410)
  • IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento Luxe™ Mixed Media Pigment Ink in Wedding Dress (ML-910) and Nautical Blue (ML 607)
  • IMAGINE Crafts® InkBlushers™
  • IMAGINE Crafts® GooseBumps™ Shimmer Texture Spray
  • White Pearl accents




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers