Sunday, May 5, 2013

On this glorious weekend, I've been enjoying a baseball tournament at Fort Steilacoom that my grandnephew is in. His team, Derby Boys, played 2 winning games yesterday, and is currently playing the 3rd of 4 games today for the championship. We were there for the wins yesterday and this morning. We're waiting to see if they're in the final 4th game and, if so, we're going back! I really don't know how those boys do it!


From Cheery Lynn Designs . . .

"Love Is In The Details - Guest Designer

We have a new guest designer this month, Katie Tate from Both Sides of the Paper.  Welcome, Katie, we are so happy to have you with for the month of May.

by Katie Tate for Cheery Lynn Designs

Dies used: 
French Pastry Doily, Carnivale Border, Mini Fanciful Flourish, 
Flourish Leaf Strip, Heartland America and Cutie 4

Today I am sharing my first guest project for Cheery Lynn Designs.  This card is very different from my usual creations, it has no image but instead is filled with technique.  If you follow the trends in card making you must have seen the popularity of the "Frantage" range of embossing enamels and all the wonderful creations people are making.  Well I don't claim to be an expert (gosh this is my first attempt with the product) but this is what I came up with after many hours going from blog to blog to fill my latest Pinterest board :) 

I wasn't sure whether the dies would work on the corrugated card, I have only ever used steel rule dies on product this thick, but oh my they cut through like butter! Even the border is cut from the corrugated card (although it got a little squashed as I turned it through the machine a few more times than it needed)

If you can see on the doily the cardstock came pre-embossed, all you have to do is sand it down a little to reveal the color core, a great time saver.


I used some old products here, the paper ribbon and fiber must be close to 10 years old, but I think with the muted tones and the texture to this card that they worked well, good job I'm not very good at purging old product!   Anyway, enough of my rambling, I hope you enjoyed this card and I'll be back next Saturday with another project for you.

Katie

For more information regarding the products that Katie used, be sure to visit her blog."



From Helene's blog for Magenta . . . we do have some Magenta stencils at the store. Of course, you know where you can order more!

"Stencils

Some cards ideas using the new Magenta stencils.  The stencil TM29 is designed to create an envelope and decorate it...

Magenta stencil:  TM28
Magenta rubberstamp:  07.689.I
Ink:  Tsukineko:  Memento


Magenta stencil:  TM29
Magenta rubberstamp:  07.558.E
Ink:  Tsukineko:  Memento
Decorative paper:  ME 238

Magenta stencil:  TM27
Magenta rubberstamp:  07.736.H
Ink:  Tsukineko:  Memento
Decorative paper:  ME 226

Work on a decorative paper.  Apply ink, use black marker around the patterns.
Magenta stencil:  TM28
Magenta rubberstamp:  07.697.J
Ink:  Tsukineko:  Memento

Magenta stencil TM27
Ink:  Tsukineko:  Memento
Color pencil and cut out some flowers"



I'm signing off for today because we should be hearing about the 4th game any minute now. The coming week is going to be busy . . . and fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers