Thursday, March 28, 2013

Patti Highlands has been busy at the store. She made this beautiful book from one of the recent 6x6 pads of paper we received earlier this month. Take a look . . . some of the pics are actual photos of her and her mother . . . and some of the pics are from unknown sources on the internet that she had downloaded. I think you'll be able to tell the difference!


by Patti Highlands
by Patti Highlands
by Patti Highlands
by Patti Highlands
by Patti Highlands
by Patti Highlands
by Patti Highlands
by Patti Highlands
by Patti Highlands
by Patti Highlands
by Patti Highlands
by Patti Highlands

Patti also made this beautiful card. Notice the ribbon she used along the bottom . . . I have to say it wasn't one of my favorites among the many gorgeous ribbons we sell at Art 'n Soul. Adding the pearls, Patti made this ribbon more desirable for future projects. She also used it the same way on the front cover of the book. Thanks, Patti!


by Patti Highlands



From Cheery Lynn Designs . . .

Clean and Simple

by Sandy Hulsart for Cheery Lynn Designs
"Sandy, here with you today.  Sometimes it is nice to make a clean and simple card without all the fancy embellishments. That is what I have created today.  I love long/tall cards.  This one is 4 x 9.25 inches and fits in a business envelope.  Using just the center drop out from my Mexican Tile Pattern die, I die cut three white squares which I mounted onto pink, then black card stock.  This is what the complete die looks like.....

by Sandy Hulsart for Cheery Lynn Designs
The outer blue frame cuts as one piece and the inner white square is another.  I simply cut my card stock 2.75 inches square, centered it on the die and cut it out.  For the center flower, I used my Stacker Flower 4, cutting it three times and then gluing them together so the petals are staggered.  I added a bit of curl to the ends of the petals for some dimension."



From Impression Obsession's blog . . . I've always wanted to use the brick background stamp myself but it never seemed to work with the brown, black or terra cotta red that I thought I needed to use. Lesson learned!

Tuesday T&T It's Still About Those Dies by Shirley Ross


"I've wanted to use Cover-A-Card Distressed Brick for some time, so that is how I started this card:

BACKGROUND:
  1. Stamped CAC Distressed Brick with Memento Toffee Crunch on both white and natural cardstock and decided on the natural.
  2. Die Cut and embossed Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles for the background and the sentiment.
  3. Used the same template for the background as a stencil for the Distressed Brick and mounted it on the die cut.
  4. Taped the back center of the die cut and mounted a piece of natural cardstock 4"X6".
SF3
DIE READY:
  1. It's about the connected dies!!!  Some I like connected and some not.  The nots I simply cut with my wire cutters.  BE CAREFUL.  Make sure the sharp bottom side of the cutter is even with the die and the connector, not overlapping the edge of the die. ;-)  If it's still rough, a file smooths mine just fine.
  2. I use leftover paper scraps for my smaller dies.  :-)  Yes I save paper.  LOLOL  If you look at the flower dies on the pink, there is a small hole in the back.  I tried pins, etc, and sometimes it worked and sometimes it would go right through the cardstock or the vellum, like I am using here.  I found that a Kabob skewer, like the one next to the wire cutters, worked really well without puncturing the paper.
  3. Below are the dies I used with the papers:

DIE CUTS:
  1. The first die cuts (upper right hand corner)are from Layered Floral Set on pink vellum.  The dies cuts were also embossed, then embossed from the back with a stylus.   The top layer was reversed for effect.  The underside of the bottom layer has a 1/16" pop dot.
  2. The spiral flower is from Spiral Flowers and cut from vellum and white cardstock to see which one I liked best.  To do the flower, I used Tweezer Bee as shown below.  You squeeze it to open it.  It grips the end of the paper while you twist it around (embossed petals on the inside until you fold them out.  I also used a thin line of Glossy Accents.  At the bottom I added some Glossy Accents to the dot and pushed the top roll on it.  It is attached to the cardstock with a glue dot.  A tiny bit of GA goes a long way and dries faster.
  3. Vine was used to help set the flowers and the leaves.
  4. The leaves are from Leaf Cluster.
  5. Those little butterflies are from Butterfly Set on white vellum, painted with a Memento Dandelion marker on the underside, and a line of Viva Decor Hematite was done down the middle of each one.
ASSEMBLY:
  1. The vine was mounted, then the flowers, and the leaves on the left.
  2. The sentiment is from the clear stamp set Hydrangea and is stamped in Fluid Chalk Deep Green.
  3. The flower centers were embellished with Stickles glitter glue.  The leaves, butterflies, and pearl hearts were mounted with GA and pop dots.
A fun card and I learned from doing this too.  I had the Tweezer Bee but had never used it.  One try with some needle nose pliers and I was sold. :-)  Thanks for stopping by and see you back here for DT Thursday."
 Shirley

SUPPLIES:
CAC Distressed Brick - CC083
Memento - Toffee Crunch Ink Pad
Hydrangea - CL463 (Clear)
Hydrangea - 3123-XL Cling Rubber
Chalk Pad - Deep Green
Impression Obsession Mega Mount
Neenah Classic Crest Natural Cardstock
Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Tweezer Bee
Layered Floral Set - DIE047-J
Spiral Flowers - DIE042-I
Vines - DIE051-B
Leaf Cluster - DIE066-C
Butterfly Set - DIE046-A
Stickles Orange Glitter Glue
Stickles Yellow Glitter Glue
Viva Decor Glitter Liner Haematite (Black)
5mm White Heart Pearl Stickers



From Millsrepco's blog . . .


Blooming Vine Card by Jenny Griffiths

"Just this week the Blooming Vine die arrived and I couldn't wait to try it out. I absolutely love the graceful curved vine and delicate flowers---so pretty!
After cutting two from green card stock and another two from cream, I snipped the cream flowers off, glued them onto the green vines (use those tweezers) and added a touch of light orange marker to the flowers and gemstones. There is also some shading on the vine leaves with green marker.
I positioned one vine intact onto the card over the layered panels. The second vine was cut into segments and added around the Large Circle Burst and the Thank You sentiment which was scissor trimmed on the right side to fit into the circle curve. To adhere the delicate vines, hold the vine with tweezers and carefully dab tiny amouts of Tombo Mono Aqua liquid glue onto the reverse side--if you over do it, glue will goosh out (a real word) and need to be blotted off immediately. A little dab will do ya. I prefer this glue as it doesn't leave a trace where its been wiped off.
by Jenny Griffiths
So that's it--hope you will recreate this card or make another version with these great dies...now I'm off to find an orange Creamsicle."

Materials
98470 Blooming Vine Die
98478 Large Circle Burst Die
B1751 Thank You Combo Stamp
77905 Mango Distressed Dots Paper
Copic Markers YR02, G82, YR15
UrlDA995DF6505C9086364AE6FF4AF862C2

Dreamweaver Glitter Technique


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers