Monday, January 14, 2013

Tomorrow is my last day at CHA. It's been a busy 3 days and I still have several vendors that I must visit before heading to the airport mid-afternoon.

I'm limited on the photos I can post on the blog until I return home because of a lack of storage capacity on my laptop. But here are a couple of highlights . . .

Elizabeth Craft Designs is introducing a lot of 'new things' happening with them. They have a new line of adhesive-backed velvet paper in 8.5x11 sheets; I've ordered each color to see what goes first before ordering more. They've also added velvet peel-offs that I'm sure will show up at the store very soon.
The ladybug and bee are die cut from
velvet paper. The background is cardstock
covered in black glitter.

The Be Creative Tape adhesives we use with the glitter has been repackaged into different sizes that will be more convenient to store and to use.

And the Shimmer Sheetz colors have been ordered, including the 3 new colors. Mark has told me they'll ship toward the end of this week. And Els was reminded that we're looking forward to another series of classes from her later this year.


Scotch Brand has a new ATG for the 1/2-inch tape, and the loading is more simple; I may even break down and purchase this one! After I told her putting a new tape roll in was sometimes difficult and extremely frustrating, she happily showed me how easy this new gun re-loads. The price of the new gun is very reasonable, too, so you may want to replace your well-loved and well-worn original ATG for this new one.





AFTER FEEDING THE TAPE DOWN AND THROUGH THE RUNNERS,
bring it back up and around the tape roll at the top and feed into the empty take-up spool. This spool has two notches that allow you to feed the tape
through the notches to secure it.




The tape has been properly loaded and she's wiping off the
adhesive so you'll have a 'fresh' start when you use the ATG.

Scotch Brand has new magic tape in colors and patterns that will fit onto your tape dispenser. I made a small book and bound it with the new tapes and it worked great; in fact, it felt like I was working with washi tape!




Spellbinders has a lot of 'new' introductions in addition to their 100+new dies. We'll have lots more information for you in the coming days. I do want to point out an embossing folder that I immediately fell in love with! I saw it embossed on metallic champagne card stock and highlighted with a complementary ink from Tsukineko.



Studio Calico has new wood veneer shapes and you're going to love the cats!








I have so much more to show you. I'm back at it tomorrow. Please stay tuned!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers