Friday, January 11, 2013

Art 'n Soul's Journal Club meets this afternoon from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. I'll be in a Sizzix class at CHA at the same time, so Dianne has kindly agreed to take pics for me. It seems like ages since we've seen what the Journal Club members have been up to. Everyone is welcome to participate . . . no cost, no requirements . . . just creative artistry among friends!


Here's the final delivery of Valentine papers from Authentique and My Mind's Eye! I hope you'll come in and see them for yourself! I can't wait to return home from CHA and make something with them. And Sam, if you liked making ornaments with the Halloween paper from My Mind's Eye, you'll like these papers too for your ornaments!


The glittered papers in the 12x12 are in the paper pad without
the glitter.











Did you know a $1 bill is 6.1 inches wide? I read a 'hint' that it could be used for measuring if you find yourself without a tape measure or ruler.


From Cheery Lynn Designs . . .

Shaped Easel Card


"Continuing with this week's Winter White challenge, I have created a shaped easel card.  I quite often get emails from our viewers asking how to make a shaped card and keep the die shape.


The trick is to move your folded card stock down in the die, creating a hinge on one side.  In this pic, the folded edge of my 6" square is at the top and you can see a portion of my Scalloped Circle Stackers die above it.


Because I am very anal, I don't like the hinge to show; so I always cut another panel (the one on the right) to add to the card base (on the left).  That gives you the scallops all the way around the card front.


So once I got my card base created, I started on my card.  The first thing I did was emboss the extra front panel with my Petite Hearts embossing plate.  Then I added a Sophia's Heart die cut.  This is such a beautiful die. 


For the inside card base, I die cut a coordinating panel with my Silver Circle Stackers and again embossed with my Petite Hearts.  I added another Sophia's Heart but this time I trimmed out the center of the die.  I created a straight scalloped border piece using my Scalloped Square Stackers to which I added a Heart Chain border.  I trimmed the center heart out of my Sophia's Heart die cut, added a backing and popped it up on the card base.  The last step was the sentiment panel cut with my Scalloped Oval Little Stackers and matching Silver Oval Little Stackers. This will fit in a 6" square envelope."  --
Posted by 

by Dianne Johnson
Magenta Circle of Friends Stamp 07.672.L
Memory Box Tupelo Circle Die 98500
Memory Box Resting Birds Die 98527
Very Merry Silver Candi
by Dianne Johnson
Rubber Moon Think Spring Stamp
Memory Box Dies:
A Little Rain 98488
Isabella Butterfly 98507
Pippi Butterfly 98508
Cool Highlights & Stardust Glitter Ritz on 1/2-inch Scor-Tape
Champagne Bubbles & Winter Blues Candi


Stay warm . . . the winds have been icy cold and the dampness only intensifies the cold. You can always 'warm up' at Art 'n Soul . . . we'd love to see you!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers