All of us at Art 'n Soul are so proud that we have earned the Magenta's Retailer of the Year Award for 2012 . . . our 3rd consecutive year. It's not difficult to earn that prestigious award because of the quality and beauty that Magenta consistently puts into their products!
|Adhesive-backed Velvet Paper from Elizabeth Craft Designs|
|"Hero Leafy Vine stamps. Stamp with white embossing powder and color background with shades of blue Distress Ink.|
Add touches of green marker on leaves and rhinestone gems."
-- from Millsrepco
Over at the Penny Black blog, they're showing ideas for spring cards and those April showers!
Tuesday T&T Lacealicious
"I have no idea if 'lacealicious' is even a word, but it says a lot about how I like the lace stamps in the new supplement. This is another one of a group of cards I am working on.
- Stamped Beauty Roses with Delicata Gold Glitz on white cardstock twice, used heat gun to dry.
- Painted with Twinkling H2O's, cut out, flipped over and embossed with a stylus on an embossing mat. Cut out the center of the top second rose and mounted with 3D pop-dots on the forefront rose.
- Used Spellbinders Ribbon Threader die and Neenah Natural cardstock for the cut and embossed too.
- Placed die over the die cut and stamped Crochet Border 1 with Brilliance Pearlescent Biege, used heat gun to dry the ink.
- Threaded green grosgrain ribbon through the ribbon slots.
- Added pearl stickers and set aside.
- Inked Cover-A-Card Crumpled Lace with Pearlescent Beige and stamped on white cardstock.
- Cut to 4.25"X5.5".
- Mounted the image to the die cut, stamped Thinking of You with Memento Cottage Ivy in the lower right hand corner, and mounted to the Crumpled Lace background with 3D pop dots.
- Added pearl stickers with Glossy Accents so they wouldn't come loose.
- Added bow to flower.
|by Linda Lucas|
|by Linda Lucas for Spellbinders|
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur® Machine
- S6-004 5 x 7 Detailed Scallops Spellbinders™ Nestabilities®
- S6-001 5 x 7 Matting Basics A Spellbinders™ Nestabilities®
- S6-002 5 x 7 Matting Basics B Spellbinders™ Nestabilities®
- S5-164 Grateful Lattice Spellbinders™ Shapeabilities®
- S4-377 Fancy Framed Tags One Spellbinders™ Shapeabilities®
- S5-143 Jewel Flowers and Flourishes Spellbinders™ Shapeabilities®
- S5-086 Bitty Blossoms Spellbinders™ Shapeabilities®
- Scor-Pal® - Scor-Tape 1/4" tape
- SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVE BY 3L™ - Foam Adhesive Squares
- Beacon Adhesives - Zip Dry Paper Glue
- Black Ink, white card stock, red card, Memento Markers, Aqua Pen, daubers, Scissors
Fold your card stock in half and place it in the 5 x 7 Detailed Scallops Spellbinders™ Nestabilities® with the folded edge just inside the cutting edge - as shown in the photos below. Cut and emboss using the Spellbinders Grand Calibur® Machine.
Adhere the coloured image to the inside of the card using Scor-Pal® 1/4" tape. Next attach the front panel/ frame to the front of the card using Beacon Adhesives - Zip Dry Paper Glue, being careful to line up the scallops. I found it easy to start at a corner and work my way around. Place the card under your cutting mat or something slightly heavy, just to keep everything in place while the glue sets and we work on the sentiment,
Stamp the sentiment from the Penny Black® Inc. Cut and emboss the sentiment using theFancy Framed Tags One Spellbinders™ Shapeabilities®, it is always good to use Wax Paper with the intricate Dies, placing the wax side facing into the Die, so that is is easy to remove. Remove the Wax Paper from the Die, reinsert the sentiment into the Die and sponge around the inside edges, using the Die as a Stencil.
Attach the Die Cut sentiment to the front of the card using the Beacon Adhesives - Zip Dry Paper GLUE. Next, cut one (1) Jewel Flowers and Flourishes Spellbinders™ Shapeabilities® in white card and sponge using green ink before removing from the Die. Attach to the left side of the card using Beacon Adhesives - Zip Dry Paper GLUE
In case you are wondering where you write on this card, I have attached a white layer on the back for that exact reason. I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and are inspired to create a special card for someone you love, whether it be family or friends - when cards are this easy - you can make one for everyone!"