Sunday, November 18, 2012

As I wait for my spaghetti dinner to finish cooking, I wanted to share with you more of Linda Beveridge's Thanksgiving Day cards. These are examples of how to use the same stamp and/or die in a variety of ways so no one person has a card just like another person.

by Linda Beveridge
(inside of card)

by Linda Beveridge

by Linda Beveridge

 I love Linda's sense of humor in these cards. All of the cards were colored with her beloved Copic markers.

by Linda Beveridge
(inside of card)

by Linda Beveridge
(inside of card)

by Linda Beveridge
Thanks again, Linda, for sharing your holiday artistry!


Inchies Club meets next Wednesday, November 28, from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. at Art 'n Soul. In addition to trading Inchies, Sue White is going to share a simple holiday project:

"I have a bow pattern to show everyone. but they will need to bring a paper cutter, tacky glue(that dries really fast) and a 12x12 sheet of paper patterned on both sides a small hole punch about 3/8 or 1/4 inch. Its the bows you buy in a package at Christmas, really easy to make."
-- Sue White

So, make sure Inchies Club is on your calendar and remember to bring:
  • paper cutter
  • quick-drying tacky glue
  • 12x12 double-sided patterned paper
  • small hole punch (3/8-inch or 1/4 inch)
Sounds great to me! I'm thinking everyone receiving a package from our home is going to love the bows I'll make after Sue's little instruction next week. Can't wait!


Art 'n Soul's Journal Club met a week ago Friday. All of us continue to marvel at their beautiful work!

by Sam Lee
Sam is going to make this her Christmas card. Now
that's my idea of an 'original' card!

by Sam Lee
Sam has been working diligently on sketching faces;
I think Sam's coming along exceptionally well!

by Judy Daugherty
and here are close-ups of Judy's artistry . . . I love these
color combinations and the details in the flora!




by Gloria Jean Walker
Gloria's artistry, including collage, is always so full of surprise and ingenuity!
Close-ups of this collage . . . I love the detail in the wardrobe, especially
the kitty on the t-shirt!



by Gloria Jean Walker . . . I LOVE this!

We have a couple more orders arriving this week, so please stay tuned! New stamps from Impression Obsession are out . . . you might want to stop in soon to make sure the stamp you want is still there.


From Shirley on the blog at Impression Obsession stamps  . . .

Tuesday T&T Embossing With Dies

ED4"I fell in love with the elegance of the Vintage Ornament Die Set.  I also really like the swirl of the Fancy Ornament Die Set too....so I decided to use them both for my card.  Here is what I did:
Embossed Ornaments:
  1. Die cut  2 Vintage Ornaments using white remnant cardstock.
  2. Turned the top side down in the Fancy Ornament die and embossed them both.
  3. Used a Glue pen and glitter to high light the swirls on each.
  4. Die cut 2 tops from some left over gold foil paper.
  5. Attached to each ornament with Glossy Accents.
I knew I wanted a pine branch for them.   To see how much of a branch I needed I created the background for my card front:
  1. Mounted a 4"X5.25" piece of white cardstock to a 4.25"X5.5" piece of red cardstock.
Pine Branches:
  1. Die cut 2 Pine Branches with green cardstock.
  2. Laid them out to see how I wanted to attach them.
  3. Added the branch on the right with 2 sided tape on the back.
  4. Added the branch on the left over that with 2 sided tape.
  5. Added glitter to the top to keep tape from attaching to the envelope later + it looks nice too!
Ornaments And Sentiment:
  1. Attached the ornaments with 2 sided tape.
  2. Cut the merry christmas in two, so I could layer the merry on top, then inked with Warm Red and stamped.
  3. Added 3 gold foil dots, left over from the ornament tops die cuts, to the lower right hand side.  To me, when I see 3 dots at the end of words, they mean there is more to come...in this case on the inside!!
  4. Added remnant red satin picot ribbon bows to the tops of the ornaments.  BTW, it matches IRL.  :-)"

And from IO's gallery, this card by Kitty Caracciolo . . .

Kc09062012 (7)
by Kittie Caracciolo for Impression Obsession

"To see more details on Kittie's card go HERE

STAMPS:
No Place Like Home - Cling Set
AND DIES:
Pine Branch
Birds Die
Border Duo 2"



At the Coeur d'Alene Resort, we enjoyed a banquet dinner whose dessert came in 3 parts. The first part was a chocolate molten mini cake with the creamiest of vanilla ice creams.

The second part of the dessert was a Root Beer Float, their way!
The spoon is filled with root beer jelly-like beads that you
pop into your mouth and then drink from the glass filled
with luscious cream! A&W, you have now met your competitor!

The third part of the dessert was a a special popcorn. The cooks popped the corn, and added nitrogen to the caramel sauce before they mixed it with the popcorn. They served the concoction in porcelain mugs with the frosty 'fog' smoldering out of the mug. The taste was yummy. Even more fun, when you let your breath out, the frosty 'fog' came out, too!


I was too busy imbibing that I forgot to take a photo at the table. 



See this?


Here's the 'who' and 'why'!

We've been on the run so much lately, that
Hannah felt she wasn't receiving her normal dose
of our full attention devoted to her alone. So
she worked very hard one evening to find as many
ways as she could to 'earn' her daddy's attention . . .
it worked!

Hope you enjoyed this humorous end to the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers