Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The bottle cap pendant class taught by Suzanne Glazier with Pennywise Arts resulted in lots of creativity and fun at Art 'n Soul last Sunday.
by SHARON SAFKA






by JANE KNICKERBOCKER





by JANICE SHINEMAN






by MARGE CHANDLER






by SANDY BELAIR





by TIFFANY  DeARMOND





by ANNETTE LANKER






My appreciation to Dianne for taking these awesome photos showcasing the bottle cap pendants. I hope Suzanne returns again for another bottle cap class! I'm personally looking forward to the shaker card class next Sunday (Sept. 23) . . . she's doing a class in the morning and a different class in the afternoon.


Jane Townsend came into the store to show what she's been up to with the dies she's purchased at Art 'n Soul. At first blush, you'd think that Jane had taken up collecting butterflies in her garden. Thanks, Jane, for sharing your beautiful creativity with us . . . we can't wait to see more from your 'to-die-for' creations!

by Jane Townsend


I forgot to add my journal page from Mary Jo McGraw's class last Saturday. I thought for sure that the start of my page was going to end up in the 'round' file because it wasn't looking good. Mary Jo told us the page would develop, we should be more confident and positive about our work, and see what happens. Like a good student, I did what she said and I have to say, voile!
by Debbie Gaetz
Her hair was 'wild and blowing in the wind' because the page before had
stuck to this one and the orange hair represents the torn parts from the
previous page. Lining the eyes with black pen, adding the shading around
the yes, nose and mouth, and lining the lips as well as making two lines
in the center to better define the lips really worked. I'm looking forward
to doing more pages using the cut-out face from a magazine picture.

Remember Play Day at Art 'n Soul this Friday, September 21, anytime between 10:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Bring in any project(s) you want to work on with your supplies and tools . . . it's also a way to 'cool off' from the warm weather because the store is totally air-conditioned. I had planned to be there but I have a family funeral service to attend in Puyallup and it begins at 11:00 a.m. But I'll see you at John Petersen's class on Saturday!

The holiday goodies keep rolling into the store as we prepare for Art 'n Soul's annual Christmas Party on Sunday afternoon, October 14. Please make sure the date is reserved on your calendar . . . you won't want to miss any part of it!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers