Tuesday, August 7, 2012

John Petersen's class for August is early this month because of busy, busy summer schedules. I picked up the treasure from the gated entrance to his new 'estate' this afternoon so I could take it to the store today. This is going to be fun!
by John Petersen
Upcycled Book Art - $35
Saturday, August 11, from 12:00 Noon to 4:00 p.m.
Give an "old" book the life it was meant to have! Create a festive pumpkin to get you in the mood for autumn from an old book's pages, then create a personalized journal using the book cover. We'll cover creating other shapes, along with getting INKd up with your favorite IMAGINE Crafts and Tsukineko inks and mediums!

Supplies needed:  Xacto knife (or similar brand), cutting mat

By the way, John thinks we 'rock' at Art 'n Soul! Call the store at 360.357.6820 or stop in to sign up as soon as possible for this fun class. You're really getting two books for the price because of the journal that's created from the book covers. I'm also thinking of things I can bring to the class to add to my Upcycled Book Art on Saturday. As you well know, anything is possible with John as the instructor!


From Els at Elizabeth Craft Designs . . .
by Els for Elizabeth Craft Designs
"It's not the perfect picture but I wanted to share it anyway.
I put the Peel Off stickers of the Cardinal on a piece of gold Shimmer Sheetz and used the Spectrum Noir for the coloring. You could use your Copic markers as well of course. I just colored one layer and then used the tip to make the 'structure'. On the leafs you will see more 'lines' and I did that on purpose to make it show more like
 a leaf. Try to color on the Shimmer Sheetz and you will find out what your marker does. If you just color one layer fast it will dry smooth but if you go back while the ink is drying it will look different. lots to experiment but so much fun!"

From Memory Box . . .

Glitter and Copic Markers

IMG_9310
"For today's Card, I used a combination of the Turtle Border (98331), Graceful Honu (98326), Outline Honu (98327), and the Oceana Border (98335) dies.  To get the sparkle, I added the turtles to really strong double stick tape, added some glitter and then really scrubbed away any loose glitter.  I then colored over the glitter with a BG13 Copic marker to make the turtles stand out from the background."

I'm off to Susie's Board Book Class at the store . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers