Sunday, July 22, 2012

Today is the BIG 9th Birthday Celebration for Art 'n Soul from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. We hope that you will make every effort to join us because it just wouldn't be the same without you. Demo's, demo's, demo's . . . find a balloon and 'pop' it to find out what discount you'll receive on your purchases at Art 'n Soul today . . . put your name in for the Grand Prize drawing . . . fill out pink sheets to order from the new catalog choices. Gwen Evans (Animal Spirit stamps from Earth Art International), Suzanne Glazier (Pennywise Arts), and John Petersen (Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko USA) will be joining in the fun as well.


From the Memory Box Facebook posting . . . I love how 'fresh' this card looks!

More butterflies? Yup!

"Hi there bloggy friends!! IT'S FRIIDDAAAYYYYYYY! Finally! You know, I wasn't really a big fan of this week. Not really too sorry to see it go. Nothing terrible happened, just a general weirdness to it. Some bad chi. Was it just me? I'm looking forward to a weekend in the crafty cave getting things ready for my classes at Paper Garden coming up. It's gonna be here before I know it! What are you doing this weekend? I hope you have a great one!
It seems I have found myself in a butterfly phase again! Remember last year when I did 'butterfly week' here on the blog? (kind of like shark week, only prettier and less dramatic). Well...I am finding myself drawn to butterflies again. So, I'm not gonna fight it, I'm just gonna go with it. Are you with me? Can't go wrong with butterflies in a crafty sense. Happy and cheery. Today's card is of the Clean and Simple variety.
1
Oh yeah, and here I go with the gingham again. LOVE it. The bottom butterfly was die cut out of white paper and the top one was die cut from vellum. SO crisp. The butterfly die and the border die are both from Memory Box. The flag die is from MFT. Hello!
1A
I put three spark-a-lay blings in the center of the butterfly. I adore this fresh bright green color! This just says "summer" to me.
2
3
The green paper was mounted directly onto my card base. The white layer with the Piestra Tile Die was popped up on some foam tape.
6
Have a lovely weekend my crafty friends! Always so nice of you to spend a little of your day with me. You inspire me and cheer me on and make me want to be a better crafter. Thank you! XOXO"
Birdie signature!

We had fun this afternoon learning how to make a card using a Hasty Lace snowflake template from Some-Assembly-Required. Sandy Jackson walked us through the process of using 3 different tools and Martha Stewart extra fine glitter on 30 lb. clear vellum. We're proud to announce that we'll be carrying some of the Hasty Lace templates, and a small variety was purchased for the birthday party today. Art ' n Soul can also be your source for the light box recommended by Sandy that doesn't heat up and provides a very bright light when using colored vellum. Susie, Deb, Dianne and I purchased the light box to try it out and the response so far has been unanimous . . . it's terrific!

 
From this Hasty Lace Template from Some-Assembly-Required . . .
. . . we made this beautiful card.

Susie and Deb deciding which templates to
sell at Art 'n Soul!

Here's a random sampling of the new washi paper that will be featured at the birthday party today . . . make your choices early for your favorite designs because there are only a few of each design; in some instances, there is only one sheet available. More designs will be added as space becomes available.




Each of us at Art 'n Soul recognize that we wouldn't have the good fortune to celebrate 9 years today without the continuing loyalty and friendship from all of you! Your unfailing support and patronage of Art 'n Soul, a locally owned and independent business, is what makes our success possible. It's our every desire to be your source for the tools, supplies and instruction that allow your creativity to soar.

Are you ready to party? See you at 1:00 today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers