Monday, July 2, 2012

Packing and unpacking in the new house severely cuts into the creative and sometimes 'messy' play time! So I'm feeling quite jealous that Susie, Dianne and Deb have been enjoying creative times of their own . . . I love what they're doing!


Dianne and Deb had a fun day at the store on Saturday. They made their own versions of washi tape using the Be Creative Tape (special adhesive from Elizabeth Craft Designs) with napkins and tissue paper they had stamped. Check these out!


by Deb Kuttel
using paper napkins
 
by Deb Kuttel
khaki tissue paper stamped with black ink makes for very elegant tapes
by Deb Kuttel

by Dianne Johnson 
by Dianne Johnson
after lots of experimentation . . . that's the fun part!


Susie's love of cats brought out the sweetness in her Magenta chipboard cat . . . made from Candi!
by Susie Tracy
have you ever seen a 'sweeter' Magenta cat . . .
I think she's ready to pounce into more of the Candi!


Dianne had a play day at her house with her friend Deanna Price to celebrate their friend Lori Silverstone's birthday. They made jewelry pendants from Shimmer Sheetz and the two Sizzix dies  introduced to us by Els at Elizabeth Craft Designs. They used the Sizzix Large Asymmetrical Rings die (657025) and the Sizzix Asymmetrical Square die (657027).


by Dianne Johnson
using the center of the asymmetrical rings die inside the asymmetrical square die
embossing only
by Deanna Price
after die cutting, embossed the pieces and sanded to bring
out the inner core color of the Shimmer Sheetz
by Lori Silverstone, the 'birthday' girl
by Lori Silverstone 
by Lori Silverstone
Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Let the birthday parties begin!



Speaking of birthday parties . . . arriving from Basic Grey just in time for the Art 'n Soul Birthday Party on Sunday, July 22. Basic Grey's 6x6 Clippings paper pad and Basic Grey's 6x6 Paper Cottage paper pad . . . both offering beautiful selections of paper perfectly sized for card making!
































From Melanie Bauer for Basic Grey . . .

Think Technique : Dry Embossing Negative Chipboard Shapes (by Keisha Campbell)
Sending You Love and Joy | Keisha Campbell
"I was thinking hard about what technique I wanted to focus on, and I was able to commit to doing something with the chipboard shapes but what would I do with them came to mind right after that! I thought about how I have been really into heat embossing, which lead me to DRY embossing with the chipboard leftover-the negative scrap. This is a technique I have never tried before and thought it would be a perfect way to get the most out of your chipboard and be a little green.
I simply ran my stylist over my cardstock that I placed face down on top of the negative chipboard scrap to get a raised or three dimensional butterfly."
 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers