Thursday, May 24, 2012

Art 'n Soul's Inchies Club met last night. There were only 4 of us but we think it's because there is one more Wednesday this month, and members might have thought the monthly meeting was the last Wednesday of the month instead of the 4th Wednesday of the month. And we've been so busy at the store that the monthly reminder email didn't go out. For future reference, please mark these dates on your calendar for Inchies Club meetings.


  • Wednesday, June 27
  • Wednesday, July 25 -- Play Night
  • Wednesday, August 22
  • Wednesday, September 26
  • Wednesday, October 24
  • For November & December, we'll have to come up with a combined date.
We agreed we'll go until 8:00 p.m. at the July meeting (July 25) and "play" making whatever Inchie art we want to make!

From last night . . .
by SAM LEE
by SAM LEE
by SAM LEE
by DEBBIE GAETZ

by LINDA BEVERIDGE

by JENNY WARD
Jenny made an Inchie Star Book for everyone!
 



From Cheery Lynn's blog . . . we love these new "build a flower" dies. The Cheery Lynn catalog is still "open" for orders and copies of the newly-released dies have been printed out so you can order them.

"Cheery Lynn Designs Build a Flower

One of the new release dies from Cheery Lynn Designs is called Build a Flower 1.  I have used it to make the flowers on my card today.  To begin, I die cut the flower petals as well as a bunch of stamens.

Before assembling my large flower, I wrapped each petal around the end of a small paint brush handle.  From the tip of the petal I rolled under; from the end with the brad hole, I rolled up.  I cut a variety of stamens; I think I used them all except one of the middle size.  I added a bit of ink to the ends of the stamens for some contrast.  Then I stacked them all on a brad being sure to stagger each layer so they did not line up.  I created the smaller flower in the corner from only the stamens as well as the flower base pieces.  I curled the bottom 2 layers down and the rest of the layers up.

As a backdrop for my large flower, I die cut a Spring Flower Burst Doily with coordinating Angel Wing.  I added some Viva Decor Pearl pen accents to tie in the flower stamen color.  I then cut the fabulous new Flourish Leaf Strip; check out the detailing on these leaves, incredible!  The really great thing about this die is you get 5 separate leaf sections.  You can use them alone or build a vine as I did.  I added some Distress ink to the edges of each leaf.  I thought the corner pieces from theLace Corner Deco B set went quite well with the doily, just the right embellishment.  I added a sentiment panel cut from my Scallop Circle Little Stacker dies.  Finished size is 5 x 7 inches.
"


I am still in a hubbub over the Magenta class that Helene taught using the Tombow marker watercoloring technique. All of the cards were so vibrant and different. 

DAWN BISHOP








DENISE MERRELL







TIFFANY MARTIN










 MARY UNDERLAND






CHERYL ROSSKOPF






 CINDY SHARP












 GAIL HESSEHOLT







HELEN SLATER





TRISH LANGEN







 MARY UNDERLAND



DIANNE JOHNSON







SUSIE TRACY
(more of Susie's work was posted earlier)



PEGGY AUSTIN






DEBBIE GAETZ





SAM LEE
(some are 'works in progress')






Lots more coming up this week, so please keep checking in. And always know the 'welcome mat' is at the door to Art 'n Soul.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers