Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Welcome to spring . . . I think the bus arrived but the spring passenger sprung loose before its destination. Rain, wind, and hail here . . . also snow in Puyallup! And it's 80 degrees in Chicago? Someone's GPS is way off the mark!


Deb and Dianne improved upon the Memory Box Easter Make-n-Take card sent to us, and here it is.
Memory Box Make-n-Take as originally
designed by Memory Box and improved upon by
Deb Kuttel & Dianne Johnson, Art 'n Soul
All it takes is either a non-perishable food item for the Food Bank Barrel at the store or $1 for each Make-n-Take. Deb and I were talking that if you have a very small bunny punch, stamp or sticker, that would look cute on the lower right corner of the card. Easter comes early this year . . . Sunday, April 8. Are you ready? Art 'n Soul has some rubber stamps on the front table that would be perfect for your Easter card creations.


I have lots to share with you but it will have to wait until tomorrow; my body is saying 'night, night' even though my mind is saying 'whoa!' Guess who is winning.


There is a bounty of new peel-offs from Elizabeth Craft Designs; I took pics from my "I don't remember that BIG of an order" stash and I'll post them tomorrow. I took them with my phone because it was so lousy outside and I had left my camera in the car; BIG mistake and I'll sacrifice getting rained and winded upon in the future to avoid doing what I have to go through now getting those pics on the blog.


One last item . . . Lisa Lee with Inchie Arts finally sent us the actual sample cards for her class this Saturday afternoon. They're even better than the stock photo we've been using. So take a look and sign up now!


by Lisa Lee for Inchie Arts

by Lisa Lee for Inchie Arts

by Lisa Lee for Inchie Arts

by Lisa Lee for Inchie Arts

by Lisa Lee for Inchie Arts

by Lisa Lee for Inchie Arts




From Cheery Lynn Designs' blog . . . WOW!

Vintage Inspired Tags

For Cheery Lynn Designs this week I have created two victorian inspired tags.  The tag bases were created using the new release 'Reflections Boutique', Scalloped Coved Rectangle Series.  The above tag consists of the two smaller sizes, which I adapted to the size I required for my tag.  The smallest size is perfect for using as a photo-mount.

I used the new release Lace Corner Deco F to decorate each corner.  The range of corner dies consists of 6 different ranges, each range has a series of 3 dies within.  I used Creative Inspirations Paint (beige) to colour the corner pieces.




The Flower was created using the smallest die in Judy's Blooms.  The edges of the leaf have been curled up using a quilling tool, and adhered in layers.  I added some stamens to the centre.  The smallest Dimensional Leaves 2 Small leaf, and Olive Branches were used as foliage.  These elements were also painted using Creative Inspirations Paint (Olive Green).

Another tag created the same as 'above', though using a different corner die in the 
Lace Corner Deco F.  The below flower was creating using the Darling Daisies die, and the leaves 
are Cuties4 (petals removed from die cut to form leaves).


Dies Used:
B166 Lace Corner Deco F
A196 Darling Daisies
B156 Cuties 4
D134 Dimensional Leaves Small
B147 Olive Branches
DL195 Scalloped Coved Rectangle Mega Doily (Reflections Boutique)
C184 Judy's Blooms





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers