Friday, February 17, 2012

From Millsrepco's blog by our account representative, Emily Cates . . .


Peacock Tiles Card

by Emily Cates

Recipe:

This Impression Obsession Peacock Tiles image was colored with Tsukineko Memento Markers and heavily embossed with ultra thick clear embossing powder to achieve the cracked glass technique. (For this technique, apply your Tsukineko Versamark pad directly to the image and then coat it with ultra thick clear embossing powder or regular clear embossing powder. Heat your powder until it melts and repeat several times until you are pleased with the amount of coverage. Then pop your project into the freezer for a minute or so. Remove your project from the freezer and bend/twist the image to create fine cracks. Sponge your favorite Memento ink over the image to highlight the fine cracks you've created with either a sponge dauber or an Ink Blusher. Wipe the image with a clean cloth to remove excess ink and voila! Cracked glass!

The dry embossed card base was created with a Sizzix Embossing folder using a shimmer card stock such as Stardream or Curious Metallics and the fabulous and affordable embellishments are from Mark Richards.

Card by Emily Cates of Millsrepco



from Spellbinders' blog . . .

Pure Elegance
by Julie Overby

"Did you see the gorgeous banner that Kazan made for a Romantic Bridal Shower!  So many pretty intricate details!  And the table place cards that Holly made?  Stunning!!  Well we want you to be ready with bells on when all those Weddings start filling up your calendar.  Today I have an elegant card that you can recreate to surprise the lucky couple with!  I wanted to challenge myself to do an all white card (difficult for those of us die hard pattern paper girls!) But there's something about how white represents pureness that I just love when it comes to weddings.  And, it makes those fantastic details from the Spellbinders™ products really pop!


Wedding Card by Julie Overby


Spellbinders Paper Arts Supplies:

  • Spellbinders Grand Calibur®
  • EL-004 Imperial M-Bossabilities™ Folder
  • S5-090 Romantic Rectangles
  • E8-010 Classic Decorative Inserts Two
  • E8-007 Classic Edges One
  • S5-030 Fancy Tags Two
  • S5-086 Bitty Blossoms

Cross Promotional Companies:

  • Layers of Colors Sweet Silhouettes Stamp Set
  • Want2Scrap Pearls
  • SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L™ Foam Squares, EZ Runner
  • Scor-Pal® Scor-Tape

Other:

ink, glitter, paper

1)  First, I embossed the front side of my card using the Imperial M-Bossabilities™ Folder.  I decided on the most of the dies ahead of time and layed them all on one sheet so I could lay one white piece of paper down and cut/emboss them at the same time.




2)  As I was putting my pieces together, I decided I wanted to use one of my favorite Edgabilities® so I taped together  Classic Decorative Inserts Two with Classic Edges One and cut/embossed them. 



3)  Using a 1.5 inch piece of scor-tape, I adhered it to the Romantic Rectangle die cut and added glitter.  This is very sticky tape so I knew it would stay in place.  Then I trimmed down my Edgabilities die cut so that it would fit directly over the chunky glitter and adhered it into place.  This added some contrast even though the card is still all white.  (That was my hubbies idea...he is brilliant!)  After that, I simply adhered the rectangle on to the card base.



4)  I added a stamped sentiment to the Fancy Tags Two that I had already cut out and used some gorgeous Want2Scrap to frame.  Using foam squares, I adhered it on the card front and added some trim to the seam.

5)  After rolling my Bitty Blossoms die cuts, I applied some liquid adhesive and added a bit more chunky glitter.  I adhered two different size blossoms to the card and tied a bow for under the sentiment.



~ Designer Tip ~ 
Get a filing box and make some cards ahead of time for occasions that you know will come about in the next year.  File them away and you will be good and ready!"






From Els' blog at Elizabeth Craft Designs . . .


by Judi Kauffman

by Judi Kauffman

by Judi Kauffman
Book cover by Judi Kauffman
"Judi Kauffman's been on a roll. She made a small notebook to carry around at CHA (Gold Metallic Shimmer Sheetz embossed with a Paisley pattern - one of the new Spellbinders M-Bossabilities folders) and when she got home she made a larger notebook inspired by the patchwork-style embossed Shimmer Sheetz notebook I made for the show. Judi joked that she is now as madly in love with our new Glitter Flowers as she's been with the Glitter Dots...She used both for her notebooks. We both think these books would make great gifts, though Judi said that for now she's not parting with either of hers!"


Save the date . . . Friday, March 9, from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m., Shimmer Sheetz Class. More details coming . . . !













No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers