Saturday, January 21, 2012



We're open at Art 'n Soul. Deb managed to make it to the store today. If it's safe for you to drive, please come on over  . . . Deb reports many folks have stopped in since the doors opened. You might want to look at the new Spellbinders Dies and M'Bossabilities that are coming out at the end of the month, as well as the new stamps from Magenta. Both companies have been declared 'open catalog'!




From the Outlines website, I wanted you to see these 3 projects because I've ordered the Kaisercraft paper they're using; I just loved it.

Cards by Jenny Gropp
 
All of these cards feature printed-paper from Kaisercraft’s Blae and Ivy 6x6 paper pad. 




CARD 1
Stamps: 
G-652 Spotted Petals XL
E-653 Spotted Petals Lg.
D-654 Spotted Petals Med.
AA-861 Tiny Warm Winter Wishes
B-384 Tall Leaf

Using printed-paper from the Blae and Ivy pad, stamp the images and cut them out as shown.

I used Versafine Onyx Black ink and heat embossed with Clear EP.
  
Create a tent style card with ivory card stock.

Cover the entire front of the card with the striped paper.

Use a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the main panel; add a grey mat and the sentiment along the bottom.

Pop the square panel using foam tape.
Wrap a ribbon around the card front and add a bow on top.

I adhered the bow with a dab of Ultimate Glue.
Gently curve the cut out flowers and leaves. 
Put the layers together as shown.

I used a small piece of foam tape in the center of the flower.

On the backside of the petals, I used Dimensional Silicone to help keep the flower petals popped up.

When the silicone dries it will keep the “bend” in the flowers.
Finish adding the flowers and leaves.
Use Picksey Pick Ups and Glossy Accents to add small Olivine Crystals (size 7) to the sides of the sentiment.
 
Use a Cream Viva Pearl Pen to add a large center pearl.
Add an Olivine Crystal (size 16) in to the middle of the pearl, while the pearl is still wet.
 
Here is the finished card. 
 
CARD 2
Stamps:
G-656 Striped Petals Extra Lg.
E-657 Striped Petals Lg.
K-1195 Frames and Mats



Stamp the images with Versafine Onyx Black ink and heat emboss with Clear EP.

Use ivory card stock for the second stamping of the frame.

The other papers are all from the paper pad.
Create a tent style card and cover the entire front with the printed floral paper.
 Add the two frames to the card front, popping the ivory frame with foam tape.

Add the bow and ribbon strip in the two corners.
Color the stripes on the flowers using Copic Markers.

Copic markers used:YG17
C5
Add the flowers using Dimensional Silicone pop up the petals.
Use a Viva Kiwi Pearl Pen to add a large pearl in the flower center.
Here is a picture of the finished card.
  
CARD 3
Stamps:
B-385 Stem
B-380 Wavy Leaf
C-376 Dotted Vase
B-229 Funky Flower 4


 Use printed-paper from the Kaisercraft pad to stamp the images.

Cut them out as shown.
Use a Copic to add a little color to the vase.

Copic maker used:
E74
Create the card base as shown and start adding the vase and stems.

I added Dimensional Silicone under the vase and leaf to give it a rounded appearance.
 Finish adding the flowers.

Note:
I also added a dab of silicone under the flowers to pop them up.
Use a Light Blue Viva Pearl Pen to add a small blue pearl center to each of the flowers.

Add a little twine bow on the vase.
I used a Viva Cream Pearl Pen to add small pearls along the scallop border.
Here is a picture of the finished card.





From Kathy at Outlines Rubber Stamp Company:
(I love how she's gone outside the box to use designed papers that you wouldn't ordinarily think to use! Makes me want rip through my stash right now!)


Christmas Extended Again

Well, I'm still working on sprucing up our display tree of Ornament Toppers, so that's what I have to show again this week.  I'm still creating with the Poinsettia and Holly Toppers, there are so many directions to go with these.  I've never made any out of printed paper, so I felt the need to go in that direction.  I just did not want the normal Christmas colors, so I went back to my Graphic 45 Le Cirque paper pad.  I chose the one pictured which is not very characteristic of Christmas, but I like the way it came out.

I had embossed one in gold and one in black sparkle, not knowing which way I would like it.  I thought the gold would not stand out enough.  When it came time to place it on an ornament I liked the subtle color of the gold embossing.  This meant I had the black embossed one left and rather than discarding it
I made it into a card not even intended for Christmas. Kind of funky, but funky can be fun.



One other addition was softening the edges of the solid color paper with Viva's Paper Soft -Stone Grey.  Working on these toppers I've come up with some new hints that I will share with you throughout the year.  Last week and this week on the toppers I gave them stamped images and a coat of Crystal Lacquer before cutting them out.  Try this, you will be pleased with the results.

(1) Embossing will not chip when cutting out.
(2) The finished project will be much more durable than just plain cardstock.  It will give it a glossy
     finish that is also pliable and does not crack.
That's it for now, back to the stamp room!
 Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers