Monday, January 16, 2012

I'm back! Now comes the learning curve so I can master the world of a MacBook Air. I went to Barnes & Noble and purchased a book that teaches you how to live with your Mac. 


In the meantime, here's a quick posting while I study in between naps.


I am exhausted . . . we spent 5 non-stop hours on our feet with the electrical contractor and the builder, walking through every room and area of the new house to determine where plugs go, what circuits, what kind of switching and where the switch plates go, what lights connect or run independent within each area, what kind of lighting, exact locations of the lighting, etc., while the temperature was approximately 36 degrees. Immediately following that, we picked up the new and old laptops at the Tacoma Mall. That was followed by an hour 'drop-in' at the furniture store to make some selections that Tom had scoped out yesterday. I then attempted to drive south to Kelso to pick up the new Paper Parachute papers, and turned around south of Tumwater because the snowflakes were humongous, the lanes were covered in snow and I kept driving over the lane bumps because I couldn't see anything, and there was no lighting along that stretch of the freeway






Lisa Lee is returning to Art 'n Soul on February 25 and on March 25 to teach us more 'tricks' of the trade with Inchies.


February 25:  CUBES
Learn how to make photo cubes out of the squares.

March 25:  MEMORY GAME
Spring-themed Memory Game with 18 Twinchie squares.


The actual class descriptions and class samples from Lisa are on their way. If you want to guarantee a spot in either of her classes, call the store to reserve your spot(s) now . . . 360.357.6820!






From Penny Black, this is a wonderful way to learn how to work with Penny Black's brush stroke stamps with Copic markers. I can't wait to try it; and, I'm sure you'll be quite anxious to try it out after you've watched the video posting.


Penny Black Inc

Jill has a tutorial video on our Blog today - working with Brushstroke Stamps!http://pennyblackinc.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/pbj-monday-with-jill-brushstroke-stamps/
pennyblackinc.wordpress.com








My "From the Heart" Valentine card class scheduled for tomorrow night has been postponed because of the weather. As soon as I have replies from the students who are signed up as to what works for a new date, I'll let you know.



Everyone, stay warm and be safe this week.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers