Friday, December 23, 2011

This is THE big day. It's the 12th Day of Christmas at Art 'n Soul. Today, at 4:00 p.m., a name will be drawn from the 12 Days of Christmas bowl that is full of names. The lucky person wins a BIG Christmas basket of goodies from Art 'n Soul. You still have until 4:00 p.m. to come into the store and put your name in for the drawing, as well as more opportunities to put your name in the bowl with purchases.

On the twelfth day of Christmas, my Art ‘n Soul gave to me, A basket of goodies to the winner of the drawing! Friday, dec 23 ONLY!

Art 'n Soul will be closed tomorrow and Sunday, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We're open today from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.



Have you picked up the latest tool at Art 'n Soul?

Most of the time, I'm all fingers when trying to pick up
those teeny-tiny crystals or other small bling. This
simple little tool takes all that fuss and muss out of
the process, and makes life so much easier. Try it out!



From Tsukineko USA's Facebook posting . . .


http://suzzstampingspot.blogspot.com/2011/11/bird-in-frame.html
Found this elegant little bird in a frame from Suzanne Czosek's blog...VersaMark and VersaFine were perfect for capturing her details. Wonderful, Suzanne!

 
Bird in a Frame (by Suzanne Czosek)
I had fun using a piece of chipboard that I have had in my stash for awhile for another fun project for the Stampendous challenge. 


And a close up of the texture on the frame:

Recipe:

  1. Ink up the frame using Versamark Watermark Ink Pad.
  2. Heat emboss using Stampendous Aged Gold Embossing Enamel.
  3. Ink up the Jumbo Zinnia border cling stamp with versamark ink.
  4. Heat up embossed frame in sections. Stamp border into warm embossing powder. Let sit for 30 seconds. Remove. Repeat around the edges.
  5. Trace white cardstock in shape of birdcage frame.
  6. Stamp the Jumbo Cling Songbird the white cardstock using versamark. Heat emboss using Stampendous Aged Gold Embossing Enamel powder. Cut out and pop dot on the front of the frame.
  7. Stamp the verse from the Jumbo SongBird Cling using Versafine Toffee along the left side of the background.
  8. Stamp the Jumbo Cling RoseHip flowers in versamark and embossed using Aged Gold Embossing Enamel

I can hear my Tsukineko's VersaMark and VersaFine ink pads urging me to do something because they want to come out and play!


A quick last-minute Christmas card  . . .

by Debbie Gaetz
My Mind's Eye Christmas Lost & Found paper;
Memory Box die



The only one decorated for the holidays is Hannah, but we're still finalizing the exact look . . .

My ears don't like the antlers, and my head
feels like Carmen Miranda walking with
her bounty of fruit. And by the way,
who can look good this late at night with the camera flash
in my sleepy eyes? Not me.

I think these are a little stubby and
make my nose look big. (where does she FIND this stuff!)


Okay, we're getting closer but, seriously, the hat
does nothing for my hair.
(Dear Santa-Paws, I've been REALLY REALLY good
and I have one question . . . WHY?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers