Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Our order from Elizabeth Craft Designs arrived . . . the peel-offs and the warm/cool highlight Glitter Ritz glitters are going to disappear quickly. More Shimmer Sheetz arrived; they are out of stock in the red and I don't know when they'll be restocking or when we'll receive our order.


It's been a picturesque day on the southern French coast. The sun was shining, the sky couldn't be any bluer, the water was it's own beautiful shade of bue, and the temperature was around 70 degrees . . . on November 29th! Can you believe it?

Our drive from Saint Raphael to Cannes along the sea road was totally perfect; so perfect, that Tom wants to do it again tomorrow from Saint-Tropez into Cannes. I'm hoping we can hop up to Grasse (home of perfume) if there's time. And we still have Monaco to explore.





I would show you more photos but the download time has been an irritating experience . . . about 30 minutes to download one photo. But you get the idea from these pics that it was just the perfect day.





From the Millsrepco blog showing a Hero Arts card for the holidays:


Hero Arts card by Tami Hartley
"I wanted to create a simple yet elegant card with classic colors, so I heat embossed the delicate tree from the Joyful Christmas Season set (CG397) onto white paper, then used the emboss resist technique to color it with Distress Inks. The tree is lovely on its own, but a few details add that extra “something special”…
  • a mist of Perfect Pearls mixed with water (a la Jennifer McGuire)
  • a variety of colored pearls
  • some machine stitching
  • …and a tiny silk bow to top it all off!

Did you notice the little snowflakes behind the tree? Those were stamped with the S5448 Starry Sky."
From My Mind's Eye blog . . .
Lori’s Style
"It has been a complete thrill to be the Guest Designer here at My Minds Eye. These very talented ladies are a huge inspiration to me and I'm honored to be a little part of that inspiration to others. But when I was asked to define my "style" I honestly felt a bit stumped. I'm always trying out new ways of scrapbooking and paper crafting and so putting a label on it was very difficult. My crafting time is very limited so I would like to say I'm drawn to anything that makes scrapbooking quick and easy. Once I discovered how easy scrapbooking the 4x6 way could be you would think I'd be all caught up...but I'm not. However, I find that I'm the most drawn to creating less traditional scrapbooking and doing more of the altered items, home decor and any type of paper crafted gift project. Here are two that I thought I would work on as the holidays are soon upon us.

Christmas Countdown Advent Flip Frame

I originally taught this idea at Scrapfest a few months ago with another "cutesy" product collection and received a great response. However, the end result was not one I would typically display in "MY" home. So the first thing you must know about me is I love RED...anything red, glittery red, dull red, shiny red...I even married an All-RED because of his name (not really, but it so worked out in my favor). As a result I took my previously designed class and recreated it with the beautiful Lost & Found Christmas Collection to create this fun advent calendar.


Lori Post 1


It's amazing what red glitter, mod podge and an $.99 Ikea plastic frame turns out like.


Lori Post 2


This is what the frame looked like before I got a hold of it. And these frames take spray paint colors wonderfully. Simply remove one of the plastic sheets from the center of the frame and punch holes using a Crop-A-Dile tool in the remaining piece and thread binder metal rings through the holes to create a place for advent calendar pieces.


Lori Post 3


Simply flip over each day as you count down to Christmas Day. Most of the pages were created from using the Lost & Found Christmas 6x6 Pad, chipboard stickers, brads and layered stickers. You can create this fun home decor project in a couple hours for yourself or as unique gift for a friend. And I'm even sharing the printable of the text I used to create my Christmas Countdown Advent frame.

BONUS: Download the printable word art used to create the Christmas Countdown Flip Calendar http://www.box.com/s/p5oqa650v10fg2qy4ohr

Candy Jar

We're not done yet.... I thought it would be fun to share another one of my favorite projects I have been making lately for friends and family. After a quick stop at the DI or your local thrift shop looking for glass candy jars and glass candle sticks, you too can create the same type of project. You'll simply need some rustoleum spray paint and E6000 glue and you're ready to create your own unique candy jars. To learn how I created these jars, visit my blog <http://www.allreddesign.net>. I'll walk you through the step-by-step process to create the jar and you can take your left over Lost & Found Christmas products to create the fun pinwheel on dangling off the front and fill it with yummy goodness.


Lori Post 4


That's my style in a nutshell...anything RED makes me smile and sums me up! Thanks again for letting me be part of the My Minds Eye inspiration this month. It has been a blast and a great opportunity!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers