Friday, September 16, 2011

Now that the Shimmer Sheetz! arrived, I could work up the last 2 cards for the 'Shimmer Your Sheetz!' class next Thursday, September 22. I have had to change the class time from early afternoon to the evening due to a last-minute and unavoidable conflict. The class will now be held from 5:30 to 7:15 p.m. I want to thank Lori A. and Peggy A. for being flexible in the time change.


by Debbie Gaetz
Class Card Sample for Sept. 22 Class

by Debbie Gaetz
Class Card Sample for Sept. 22 Class

Both cards involve easy-to-learn free-hand techniques, and one card combines that style with a Kodomo stamped image. Please join us . . . call the store (360.357.6820) or come in to sign up.



More artwork submitted to the Puyallup Fair by high school students. I think there are some very lucky art teachers to 'inherit' such talented young artists to lead in their artistic endeavors.

'AFRAID OF HEIGHTS'
by Victor Ruiz
Category:  Colored Pencil
11th Grade -- Federal Way High School

"PSYCHOBABBLE"
by Daniel Smith
Category:  Colored Pencil
12th Grade -- Rogers High School, Puyallup

"KITCHEN MAGICIAN"
by Kate Blum
Category:  Colored Pencil
10th Grade -- Rogers High School, Puyallup


"TIMELESS"
Category:  Acrylic
by Corinna Brown
10th Grade -- Rogers High School, Puyallup



Susie is finalizing arrangements for a new class at Art 'n Soul using My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Christmas papers. Marie has taught at Art 'n Soul before, so many of you may be remember her previous "house" book class.



by Marie Oestreica

It was difficult deciding which page from her book
that I wanted to use to promote Marie's class. This page
won me over; I like how the photo of all of the children
with the "we wish you a . . ." made me feel like they
were sending the holiday greeting themselves.
Very clever!
Watch for the date announcement . . . you're going to want to sign up early for this class!


Our good friend, Carla Dixon, is offering a digital scrapbooking software program to enthuse folks about digitized paper crafting, and she asked me to share this information with you on the blog. We recognize that most of the ANS customers are not scrapbookers; and, Carla says this is a great program to design cards with and other crafting to add to your fine art rubber stamping techniques.

I am giving away one "My Memories Suite "v2, digital scrapbooking software. This is a $40 value. Please read this post to find out how you can be entered to win.

"My Memories Suite", is a digital scrapbooking software. I love it. It is very user friendly, sooo easy. The pages print out beautifully. Scrapbook pages can be created using the Designer Template which guides you through the process or you can completely design your pages using your own creative ideas. There are lots of options for what you can do with this program, such as cards, calendars and photobooks as well. This is my first experience using a digital scrapbooking software. I'm having so much fun.
These are a few pages I created. The first two I designed myself.
The following pages were created with the "Designer Template".



You can find more information about this Digital Software by watching this video from You Tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq1nXI8k7Pc
In order to enter the giveaway, it is as easy as this:

Starting September 16 through September 25, 2011, you need to visit
www.MyMemories.com and choose your favorite digital paper pack or layout, then make a comment on my blog telling me which one you like.
I will be using a random number generator to select the winner and will announce the winner within a few days after the 25th.

Go to Carla's blog at http://carladixon.blogspot.com to see this posting . . . and see her fabulous work. She's a regular member of the ANS Journal Club and I can't tell you how cool her journals and artistry are. You'll be pleasantly surprised at some of her other crafty and artistic endeavors as well . . . I was!

Thanks, Carla, for thinking of us to share your enthusiasm!


New paper has arrived . . . a little bit of this, a little bit of that. I'll post pics later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers