|I love that big bow!|
New Tangle for Valentine's Day - Zen Bud
- Draw a spiral, I like to put a dot at beginning and end, gives it style!
Make sure your oval is long and narrow in depth, this is the top of your zen bud.
- Next draw a heart, one side should be smaller than the other. Make the smaller side "kiss the beginning of your oval.
- Next, draw a second heart around the first one. Make the inside heart look likes its wearing a cowl neck, you're giving your leaf a "collar", start the second heart close at the points and then exaggerate the line to form your collar and pull it back in close to the inside "heart" for the end. You may have to elongate the bottom point line of your heart to meet the bottom of you bud, just play with it.
- Once you've completed your heart, outside and inside, then draw a "U" shape to form the curve of your bud base. It should start at one side of your heart, curve around the bottom, and then curve back up to meet the other side of your "heart" shape. You've now formed your outside leaves!
- Next, draw a short line starting at the outside curve of your spiral and draw down to meet the area that your "U" shape intersects with the outside petal. Remember to stop your line before the outside "collar" edge. You've now formed the inside of your "bud".
- Once your "Zen bud" is complete, draw a little "sepal", protection leaves, on the bottom. Just make a couple of pointed loops that begin from the same middle point and curve out.
|Straight forward line art, varying size and orientation|
I added a little jeweled "heart string" for sweetness
|Zen buds with shading and some |
prickery rose vines and leaves added
sort of a "Hollibaugh" effect