Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sue worked up a gorgeous sample card top using a Magenta stamp and the Pan Pastels.



New Magenta 12x12 paper was put out for your Valentine cards . . . they're in the paper trays on the "Magenta" table. I was able to purchase them during a special they ran, and I'm happy to share that savings with you . . . they're 50-cents a sheet.




Alissa made this beautiful Valentine card . . .


Hero Arts Tree Stamp
Pink Embossing Powder
Magenta Cork Birds colored with Prismacolor color pencils


The little brown truck brought the Product order to us. Lots of sponge daubers to use with your Pan Pastels . . . or other mediums. More re-inkers and Distressed Ink stamp pads, Kryon metallic pens, watercolor brushes, ATG tape refills, and some Spellbinder Nestabilities.

Marj highly recommends Labels Seven  because it is so versatile, and allows you to make 'mini-books' as she's done on one of her sample cards on an upcoming class board. There were a couple of these left at the store when I left.




These are pages from a 'mini book' made from
the Labels Seven Nestabillities by Spellbinders.
 .
















The Steampunk Fabric Journal Class scheduled on February 19 has been rescheduled to Saturday, March 26 in an effort to accommodate schedules. The morning session will start at 9:00 a.m. and Debbie will focus attention to the construction of your journal. the afternoon session that starts at 1:00 p.m. will focus on embellishing your journal using various art mediums and techniques, and ephemera that only Cindy knows how to find and use! Some people have asked why does it cost so much . . . $35 in the morning and $35 in the afternoon? The fabric we are using is special custom-designed Steampunk fabric that starts at $18 per yard. The costs for the charms and special embellishments that Cindy has been collecting add up. The store sample will be up soon  .  .  . I don't think you will be disappointed. It's going to be a 'first' of its kind for Art 'n Soul students. 


The new issue of Stampington's Stamper's Sampler is in . . .




Saturday, I participated with the Olympia Paper Dolls in a Zentangle Workshop, led by Joyce Jaime. Each one of us had fun learning some new techniques and fundamentals. Here's a picture of everyone's tile laid out together. It's interesting that we all had the same strings and tangles to do . . . our way! At the store, watch for a future Zentangle class by Deb Kuttel who finds ways to put the tangles inside a stamped image.


We learned that 'shading' really makes a tangle pop!

I am quite anxious for my upcoming trip to CHA, spend time with Helene and meet more of the "Magenta" family. I know that this first trip to CHA is going to be overwhelming, so I'm trying to remind myself over and over about my priorities . . . a) meet the vendors we presently do business with; b) meet vendors we've expressed interest in doing business with; and c) look for unusual product lines that fit into what Art 'n Soul is all about and that I think Susie would want to know about.

At the show, I know I'll have the privilege of doing Magenta's "make-n-take" samples to bring back to the store, and Prima has signed me up for a class on Sunday morning. I'm taking the BIG suitcase and enough clothes to fit into a small carry-on bag! I may have to invest in one of those portable luggage weights to make sure I don't exceed my limit!


If the world offers up negativity & despair,
surprise the world by giving back love & kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers