Monday, December 20, 2010

Magenta Order is In . . . Hero Arts "How To" . . . and more from Milan!

Our latest Magenta order arrived today, including the December "Cat of the Month" stamp. New stamps, new chipboard and corkboard, et al. -- just waiting for you! We want to again thank Laurel Martin for coming in and helping out with the checking off, sorting, and putting the price labels on. 

From Hero Arts & Shari Carroll:

As Christmas cards and gifts roll in from relatives living further away, I want to remember to send them Thank You cards after the holidays.  I’ve put together a simple card that focuses on the color challenge for December, a combination that can be used for last minute Christmas cards, tags or even all year round.

CG215 Wreath Of Leaves
monday-12-blog
And I couldn’t forget to emboss a greeting on the inside.
monday-blog-detail
Card by Shari Carroll.

By omitting one of the colors from the combination (Cranberry) the mixture becomes very soft and natural feeling (my favorite).  I added a small Hero Silhouette element “small house” with the poinsettia flower so the card would be distinctly related to Christmas (a good way to use up any extra Holiday embellishments).


Hero Materials:

CH161

Felt Poinsettia and Leaves
CH186Silver Metallic Decor
CH231Lace Ribbon
PW110Embossing Powder - White
G5308Thanks For Your Kindness
S5507Envelope Pattern
CG215Wreath Of Leaves
AF156Tim Holtz: Walnut Stain Distress Dye Ink Pad
AF159Tim Holtz: Weathered Wood Distress Dye Ink Pad
VC250VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad


Additional Materials: Braided cord, Hero Arts Silhouette House, Basic Grey paper

Instructions:
  1. Cut and score Kraft layering paper to create a top fold card.
  2. Stamp and emboss the Wreath of Leaves onto the card.
  3. Add paper, scallop edge and lace to the card as shown.
  4. Wrap card with braided thread securing with a bow.
  5. Cut the House, ink with Weathered Wood and Walnut Stain inks. Stamp with the envelope pattern using Walnut Stain ink.
  6. Mount the house to the card, allowing the bow to come through the door.
  7. Add the poinsettia flower with a silver decor in the center.
  8. Emboss the Thank You greeting on the inside.
Tip: Rub Versamark ink around the wreath to darken the color of the Kraft cardstock. 


My latest adventure in Milan happened this morning, just after we had briefly toured the main Duomo which happens to be the second largest Duomo in Italy. I missed a step on the front plaza, hurled forward trying to keep my feet on the remaining steps so I could stop. Unfortunately, the momentum kept me going onto the marble stoned walkway at the bottom of the plaza. My knees couldn't support me anymore and buckled, allowing me the frightening pleasure of falling face-down onto the walkway. My right arm and hand remained between me and the stonework. However, nothing remained between the stonework and my beloved camera that I bought just before the trip to Japan. We had to find a spot for me to "clean up" (so much for wearing these leggings a second day!), and then discovered my camera was totally wiped out. The lens casing was bent in the fall, so I have just now filed my claim with the Warranty Service that I purchased (whew!). In the meantime, we are relying on Tom's iPhone camera for the duration of the trip. Tom and his daughter were shaken more than I because I was more embarrassed at my klutzy-self in front of ALL of these people. A very nice couple from Georgia assisted me.


I found the Fabriano Boutique. The manager was very nice to provide me with a name and contact information of their main store in Rome to see if we can purchase their paper products direct. I purchased the neatest little fountain pen and aqua blue ink barrels; it writes soooo smoothly and is a new product from Germany. As in Japan, they individually put the items in separate little paper sacks and tape them shut; if an item is a gift, they gift wrap that as well. I was so happy to find the store; I had printed out the address before leaving home but didn't think there would be a chance in heaven that I would actually find the store . . . and then, voila!



I'll have to wait for the next posting to show more pics; for some reason, the internet service we are using doesn't like a lot of 'storage' and I've used a lot, even before starting the blog. I will post soon.

In the meantime, don't forget to stop in at Art 'n Soul where bargains are a-plenty right now! 25% to 30% discounts on select Christmas stamps. 31% discount on all 12x12 Christmas paper. 25% discount on all other 12x12 papers, ribbons, holiday chipboard/corkboard, and other embellishments. And Art 'n Soul Gift Certificates are the perfect answer to . . . "what do you want Santa to bring you?"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers