Sunday, November 28, 2010

New Local King Rubber Stamps & Christmas Ideas

Enjoyed a very nice class this afternoon led by Gloria Walker. The Inchies Advent Calendar is a very clever project and there is sooo much you can do with it. I know that both Sandra Gallo and I enjoyed the class (and company) immensely.


Embossing the gold calendar numbers!
(Unfortunately, Photoshop can only do so much with pics of me!)
 Gloria has extra sets of the Inchie Advent Calendar project kit for $20 cash or check payable to Gloria Walker. She will have some at the Inchies Christmas Party this Wednesday, November 30 from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. There is a lot of prep work that Gloria has done for you, including written instructions, embellishments . . . you may have missed the class but you can still enjoy Gloria's project. Those of you who know Gloria are quite familiar with her unique creativity.


There are Christmas scene inchies
that Gloria cut out and photocopied onto
one sheet so you can punch out 25 of the
pics that go underneath each numbered cover.


Bobbi Scott stopped by the store today to share her Christmas card made with the Magenta Cat of the Month Stamp (Angel). Really makes you stop and think what other "cat of the month" stamps from Magenta you could turn into great Christmas cards for your feline fans!



I told Bobbi that I know Helene and others from Magenta will truly enjoy seeing one of their stamps used
in the holiday spirit. It is just beautiful!



Lisa from Local King Rubber Stamps has designed new images for her stamp line . . . these are at the store now!























Susie will be working with Lisa to schedule her popular classes at Art 'n Soul some time after the first of the year.


That's it for now . . . time to continue my ongoing re-organization in my office. I am replacing my computer monitor with an LCD HD television that I can use as both a TV and computer monitor in the office; the salesman said I can even split the screen so the computer work AND TV can be viewed at the same time. It wasn't my splurge . . . Tom bought the 27" LCD TV for the garage so he can watch his football/basketball/car shows while working on his '66 Nova. Two days later, he saw that Costco had a Thanksgiving special for a 32" at $20 more. So I arranged a payment plan over 3 months to pay for the first TV. Make sense? Not anymore than the sense I can make with all of the wires between my desktop computer, laptop, printer, wireless router, internet modem, et al.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers